Sunday, January 30, 2011

Surfin' Sunday - Featuring Em's Scrapbag!

Hi, all!

It's Sunday again - and time to discover a (hopefully!) new-to-you blogger!!  Today I want to introduce you to Emily, of Em's Scrapbag!


I love Emily's blog - she is a scrappy and prolific quilter, and always has beautiful eye candy!


What a unique way to use coin strips!


Oh, I do love this quilt top!!


And check out this happy little block!!

She also has a great feature on Mondays called Find The Good - she collects up wonderful pictures from fellow bloggers that fit into a theme - more eye candy and inspiration!!

And best of all - she's using her quilting skills for good!  


She hosts sew-ins to make quilts for Happy Chemo, an organization that, among other things, gives quilts to cancer patients.  She's set a really lofty goal for her donation to them this year - maybe you'd like to help her?  You can read more about her efforts here and here.  

So go check out my friend Emily's blog - I think you'll stick around for a while!!  

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

As always, let me know of any blogs you think I should check out - I'm always looking for new inspiration!  Keep working on your projects so you can link up for Can I Get A Whoop Whoop Friday, too - because we all need a little encouragement!!!  

Later!

Sarah

6 comments:

  1. I love Emily's blog, too! She has such a great eye for colors and putting them all together. I hope she gets lots of help with her goal:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for doing this Sarah. It is so nice of you. I really enjoy your blog. And the work you do with the quilt ministry has helped my with my Happy Chemo Quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will have to go check her out Sarah! She sounds wonderful:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sarah....like I need another blog to add to my Reader lol, but I had to add hers. She has some beautiful pieces on her blog and I love her use of colour.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for introducing Em, I've become a follower.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!