Monday, March 21, 2011

Make-A-List Monday #39! Can I take my sewing machine outside?

Hi, all!

It's Monday again - I hope you had a good and restful/productive weekend (whichever tickles your fancy...) and are ready to start a new week!  Our weather here has been amazing - spring in Tennessee is something special - and the first few days of the week are supposed to be really nice. I want to move my sewing out onto the deck!

Despite all the handicaps of last week (a toddler at home, feeling her 3-year old oats, and a visiting niece with project in hand) I did pretty well on my list...


1.  Quilt the sports quilt for the quilt ministry.
Done!  I've taken this quilt to church already, so that it can be delivered to the recipient.

2.  Quilt an I-Spy quilt for the quilt ministry.
Done!  I've got the binding cut out to put on today. The picture's down below...

3.  Help my niece make a quilt that she wants to give as a gift.
Done!  This came out so cute, I think I'm going to have to make another, and maybe write a tutorial for it!  You can read a little more about it here.


4.  Cut more five-inch squares for D9Ps.
Done!  But I don't have pics, because they've already gone out in...

5.  Put together kits for D9Ps.
...the kits I put together for the D9P blocks!  

Our quilt ministry ladies really stepped up to the plate this week!  We met to sew together the past two Saturdays and I currently have about ten D9P quilts in various stages of construction - but all the basic blocks have been sewn together.  This will put us ahead of the game, at least for a little while!  Hallelujah!!  And - - - I quilted three quilts on the quilting frame yesterday afternoon!  Whew!!

The I-Spy quilt is the one on the right...


And now, for this week's list.....

1.  Clean up the sewing room!

2.  Bind the three quilts that were quilted on Sunday.

3.  Work on the Brown Bag Challenge quilt due 4/1/11.

4.  Organize undesignated quilts in progress.

5.  Finish organization project for keeping track of designated quilts in progress.

I've got some more quilt flimsies ready to be quilted, but I get to travel with my hubby this week a little bit (to Paducah, folks - hold me back!) so I don't know if I'll get around to them or not, since Lilli's not in preschool still this week.  But I think I can get the rest of this list taken care of!

So now, the question remains - what are YOU working on this week?

Later!

Sarah

20 comments:

  1. Never thought of sewing out on the deck.
    I think you may be starting a new sewing revolution!

    Hugs,
    Gerry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you got a lot done even with the toddler around. Have fun in Paducah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uh-oh, Hancock's of Paducah - Have fun!! I also love the idea of quilting on the deck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paducah! Wow!

    I am working on my curtains for my sewing room..making my first pinwheel pattern, trying out the "sew around the edges method" of making HSTs. It is a good chance to try out something I haven't done before..Curtains wave in the breeze and drape so mistakes can be hidden....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the new header, Sarah!! :-) And what progress you are making!! Makes me wish I were more focused right now. I'm with you on the Brown Bagger -- got my top done, just need to quilt/bind it. Then there's Eventide, due April 5th...and the UFO challenge quilts for March (and February, since I didn't finish those :-P. LOTS to do...think I might need to make a list! :-D
    Blessings!
    Mary Lou

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whew - I am tired just reading your list. Your quilt group is a force to be reckoned with. Hats off to you and that group.
    This week I am planning on finishing up a couple of things that I didn't get done at camp because I left so quickly. One is a quilt and the other is a bag - with a zipper - need I saw more.

    Have fun in Paducah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did it again! I need to get my brown bag challenge started, too! Hope I get an idea soon:)


    Have a good time! Paducah's an interesting place.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You never cease to amaze me. How do you do it all. I'm hoping to get a couple quilts quilted an bond this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, you are amazing. I have managed to finish five charity quilts in the last few days and it was amazing to get so much done, but I don't think I could sustain such a high volume of finished for very long - I would definitely need a break and it sounds like you are going on one. Hancock's of Paducah is something I have only heard about....

    ReplyDelete
  10. So much accomplished again! Enjoy your spring weather down there in TN. I'm a southern girl, originally from SC, so I'm anxious for the warm weather of spring. Living in Canada is wonderful, but I sure do miss spring actually arriving in March! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the sound of your quilt ministry - what a rewarding thing to do. Love the quilts too. I have just discovered the D9P block - LOVE it!!! Enjoy Paducah - I am not jealous, no not one bit, well, ok, maybe a little!

    Happy stitching

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love sewing outside with a treadle or hand crank--but NM weather tends to be so windy that I only get to do that when I'm in Tennessee.
    I hope you continue to have wonderful weather the whole week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, take that machine outside. Stretch a cord...do what you have to do to get some sun!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I am so envious...Paducah! Color me green! I am binding the last side of my postage quilt, so hopefully can blog about that tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sarah - Would you contact me by e-mail? I think we e-mailed a while back about donating fabric to you/your ministry and I have a package ready to go. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, WOW you accomplished ALOT last week AND going to Paducah too????? *Jealous, Jealous* Enjoy your time together! Weather in Mo has been pretty amazing too. Sew On!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, you have been so productive! I find that making lists help me too. I feel so much more organized when I have a list and check it off! I might just have to copy you with the Make A List Monday thing. It's a great way to start the week off and get organized. You already deserve a Whoop, Whoop and it's not even Friday! I think the sports quilt is great. Great way to make a quilt for a guy, I love it...

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your new twist on the D9P - love to get your PDF file.
    And I LOVE that sports quilt - which pattern did you use! You are one very productive person!
    Susan
    susie.galasso@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Please can you email me a copy of the D9P tutorial on dianehobbit@hotmail.com. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ok ... so it's been awhile since I've visited! Love the new site! And really love the cross quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!