Sunday, March 13, 2011

Surfin' Sunday - featuring Stitched In Color!!

Hi, all!


It's Sunday again, and today I have a very special blog to share with you.  If you've been reading my blog for any time at all, you know that I work with a very active church quilt ministry, so quilting for charity is near and dear to my heart.  I know that there are many of you (because you've told me!) that wish you could sew for charity, but have not been able to find the necessary time.  I hope that this week's guest will inspire you!!


This week's featured blogger is Rachel Hauser, from Stitched in Color


..taken after a haircut, thus the word "After" on the pic!
Now, Rachel is an amazing quilter and crafter....


...who makes some of the most gorgeous things....



...and likes to share her know-how with others 








But she's also started one of the most creative and unique charity quilting groups I've seen....



 do. Good Stitches is a charity bee that is designed to allow quilt bloggers to work together to create quilts for charity.  They form "circles" with two types of participants - Quilters and Stitchers.  The whole process is fascinating, and is set up to minimize shipping and fabric costs by working from each participant's own fabric stash.  Each circle makes ONE quilt per month.  Each member of the circle makes two blocks per month as directed by that month's Quilter.


There are currently six circles working with this charity bee, but if you are interested in joining a new circle, you can get in touch with Rachel through the flickr group.


Here's a picture of one of the quilts currently being worked on by the Love Circle of do.Good Stitches.  It will be finished and given to Wrap Them In Love.




I hope you've enjoyed meeting Rachel and learning about her charity efforts.  I think she's amazing and is doing her part to change the world, one stitch at a time!  Thanks, Rachel!


Later!


Sarah

6 comments:

  1. Oh how spooky! I just found Rachel yesterday following a link from another blog as I loved the look of the bright Bottled Rainbows quilt. Have already bookmarked her blog!

    I love the idea of her charity bee. Quilters are such an amazing bunch of people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am gonna hop over and check out her do. Good Stitches. thanks for the introduction.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy your Surfin Sunday posts. Thanks for pointing us to another great blogger!

    Haven't heard from you in a while. You are probably a busy bee; as am I.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd discovered her recently too but somehow missed the charity bee info. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. addicted to fabrics. i feel your pain ;-) never an easy addiction to deal with. great blog and thanks for sharing rachels blog with us. cheers, shannon www.buttonmad.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!