Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Toddlerless Tuesday #22! A Lovely Productive Day....

Hi, all!!


I hope you had a good Tuesday - it was beautiful here, sunshiny and warming up and you can really tell that spring is on the way!!  It was a great day to sew and also to take pictures - outside again, in sunshine!!  Hallelujah!!


So what did I do today?  Well, first, I washed, dried, and photographed this finished quilt, then delivered it to church when I delivered Lilli to school....




This quilt is going to a 73-year old grandmother with cancer.  It's made of some beautiful old vintage reds (and a few modern ones!) but I thought she might appreciate some of the older fabrics!


Then after dropping Lilli off at school, I came home and, after taking a few minutes to live better (and look younger!) through chemicals (thank goodness for hair coloring!), I got to work in the studio piecing this quilt top....




This quilt is going to a ten year old girl with cystic fibrosis who loves to dance.  Here's a close-up of the focus fabric...




I love this little print, which is called Ragtime.  I think they look like little dancers, and are so appropriate for this quilt for a young dancer!  The front is done, now I need to piece the back and get it quilted....


Then I finally got around to doing my February Bee Splendid blocks for Jeanette.  I hate being late on bee blocks.... I think I was a little intimidated by these blocks but they actually were pretty easy and turned out well!  Sorry about the pictures - my camera ran out of battery before I could get really good pics!








So what did you do today??


Later!


Sarah


PS - there's still time to enter the Whoop Whoop Friday giveaway, even if you can't link up any more this week.  Be sure to check it out here - and be ready to link something up this coming Friday!!


And be sure to check out Angela's giveaway here - for a $40 gift certificate!!

8 comments:

  1. I absolutely love that red quilt for the grandmother! The design is simple, and I love vintage fabrics. I just began collecting vintage sheets and pillow cases to make a quilt with!

    Today I had a doctor's appointment. Craft-wise, I worked on a long-overdue cross stitch for my husband (my oldest UFO) and did some cleaning in my craft room. My daughter is making a skirt, so I'm helping her with that when she needs it too. Nothing major; just the everyday things at our house today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The red quilt is gorgeous and cheery and I am sure she will love it but I really love the little dancer's quilt - what a great way to use up novelty fabric. Did you make the pattern up? very effective!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the red quilt! The Ragtime print is adorable. Thanks for the link to the giveaway.

    What I did today? Started to get ready to quilt on my Juki only to discover the bobbin winder doesn't work! It sews fine otherwise. So until I hear from the place I bought it (1100 miles away), I ran to Nancy's Notions and bought a separate bobbin winder. That thing is fast! I'm not sure if that's good or bad, but it got me back in business for now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Ragtime fabric and the setting is genius! I will have to try that sometime. What did I do today? I went to work - no sewing at all. Only 274 more days until I get to retire and sew as much as I want! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the red quilt - it's sure to make her feel more cheerful! The Ragtime dancers are so cute - excellent for a dancing girl. :^)

    So far today, just at work, but have blocks to sew right next to my machine for when I get home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Doesn't a few minutes of chemicals do wonders?:-)
    The red quilt is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great quilts--my favorite is the ragtime dancers--that's sure to make her smile and feel special!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I added the link to Can I get a Whoop Whoop on my blog, but, is there anything else I need to do. Would you believe that I posted the same project as you on my blog this week. I'm making my string stars for Quilts of Valor (more info on my blog). That is what I'll be working on today, too. It's fun and easy! I like your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!