Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Toddlerless Tuesday #23! Digging out....

Hi, all!

It's Tuesday, and I'm swamped!!  Anyone else feel like that?  I know there's an end in sight, but it seems like a long way away - so I'm just slogging along, trying to dig out of the hole!  Oh well, it's all good!  

So - what did I work on today?  Well, first of all, I trimmed this quilt that I quilted on the frame yesterday, and did the machine sewing on the binding.  


I'll be sitting here after I finish this post doing the hand sewing to finish this up tonight.  Thank heavens for Glee!!  This one is going to an older lady just diagnosed with breast cancer....

And then after dropping Lilli off at school, I arranged this quilt on the design wall...



....and started putting the blocks together.  So far it's about half pieced, so I should be able to finish piecing it tomorrow during naptime.  It's hard to tell from this picture, but the print blocks are all sports-themed.  This quilt will be going to a 10-year old boy who has just been diagnosed with skin cancer.  

So much need out there!  Our quilt ministry is really staying busy these days.  We've made 22 quilts this year, and have another 7 that we are currently working on.  We've been so fortunate to have wonderful donors from all over the world who have sent fabric, quilt blocks, even completed quilts to help with this ministry.  So far, we have always been able to fill each need!  Thank you, each and every one of you who has participated in this ministry - you are greatly appreciated!!

That's all I've got for today - gotta get this binding sewn down!  I hope you've had a happy Tuesday!!

Later!

Sarah



3 comments:

  1. That cross quilt with the sports theme fabric is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quilt, I'm sure it will put a smile on the boys face. Congrads on your book win.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!