Good morning, all!
Monday has come around once again, with a new week to accomplish lots of stuff!! I don't know about you, but I'm getting quite a quilty backlog of things to do...
First, though, let's see how I did on last week's list....
1. Quilt three flimsies made for 100 Quilts For Kids.
2. Bind those three plus two others quilted over last weekend.
Done! Here are all seven of the quilts we made for
100 Quilts for Kids - they were donated to the
Middle TN Downs Syndrome Society!!
3. Finish sewing down the bindings on the blue quilt and
the batik quilt and deliver them.
Done! Both these quilts have headed to their new homes -
the batik is going to a farmer in Central Florida diagnosed with prostate cancer, and the light blue quilt is going to a woman
dealing with complications of diabetes.
4. Choose pattern and fabric for a woman's quilt for the ministry.
I lucked out on this one - turned out we had a quilt that ended
up not being needed for its original recipient, so we used it to
fill this need. This quilt went to a woman who has been
dealing with ongoing complications of cancer
for a very long time.
5. Make backs for all completed flimsies on hand.
Complete and total fail! And this one is going to take
a while - I counted up the other day, and I have twelve
quilt tops made by my sewing sisters that are ready for
quilting. Add to that the thirteen (yes, thirteen!!) quilt tops that
Sharon V. sent us this week, and I have twenty-five tops on
hand ready to quilt!! What a blessing!! I hope to get
many of these quilted in the next two weeks so we have
a stock of quilts ready for new homes during the holidays!!
So now - what's on tap for this week?
1. Bind the soft-colored quilt that was quilted Sunday.
2. Quilt and bind a bright top for the quilt ministry.
3. Deliver both tops to church to be sent to their new homes.
4. Work on seat cushions for a friend's new house.
5. Make sample gift items for our November open house.
6. Make some quilt backs for some of those 25 flimsies!
7. Quilt at least two more quilts for the ministry this week.
Once again, an ambitious list - but I'm feeling really energized right now (who knows how long that will last? Better take advantage of it while it's here!) so we'll see how much I manage to get done!
So - - - what are you working on this week?
Oh - and I had a comment this week that I haven't been featuring the Princess on my blog enough lately - so here's a couple of cute pictures of her. She's going through a phase where she doesn't want to have her picture taken, so it's a little hard to get one sometimes - but I'll tell her that I have to have it for my blog!