Friday, April 27, 2012

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? A Little Fancy FMQ...

Hi, all!


Another week gone by - did you get lots done?  As you read this, I'm on my way to the quilt show in Paducah - I can't wait to see all that eye candy!!  (And stop off and indulge my addiction at Hancock's of Paducah.....  ;-)


I worked on a lot of things this week, but this quilt is my favorite finish for the week...




I played around with the quilting on this one, trying out some different designs in the borders.




See the clamshells in the orange border?




And loop-de-loops in the brown border...




With micro-stippling around the paper pieced fruits and veggies...




Aren't these blocks just gorgeous?  I wish I knew how to do paper piecing - but until I learn, I'll just enjoy the ones Sharon pieces!!\




And just for good measure, here's the pretty back that Pam pieced for this quilt!  Most days, she carries the title "Queen of Quilt Backs"!!


*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*

Now it's your turn!

What have you been working on this week?

Remember it doesn't have to be a finish - 

Just something you want to share!!

You have until Sunday night to link up -
And be sure to visit your fellow linkers
and see what they've been up to!

Hugs!

Sarah

19 comments:

  1. Beautiful paper piecing...that fruit looks good enough to take a bite of! And wonderful quilting, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your practice quilting looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a fun quilt! I love those fruits and veggies and your quilting really set them off to perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful quilt. You and Sharon make a great team! I love the quilting. I like the micro-stippling around the pieced blocks to make them really pop and shine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that paper piecing!

    I've been within a block of Hancock's twice in the last 10 days with no time to stop! Have fun in Paducah:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, those look great!!

    Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! I LOVE everything about that quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all those veggies! Your quilting looks fabulous! It's really a great quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, as always! I think the strawberry and the banana are my favorite. You did a great job with the quilting, too. The fruits and veggies really "pop" that way.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such beautiful blocks and your quilting adds so much.

    Have fun in Paducah.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good for you on trying new quilting techniques!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have fun in Paducah! Nice quilting on the paper pieced fruit quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What fun fruit paper piecing blocks, especially love the strawberry one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. FUN FUN! Enjoy yourself & indulge lots!

    Queen of the Quilt Backs...I like that!

    ReplyDelete
  15. ooooh, the clamshells look great! That's one of my favorite patterns - it looks so elegant. I think I need a "Queen of Quilt Backs" in my life ;)

    Hope you're having fun in Paducah!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh color me green...enjoy the quilt show and Hancocks!! I haven't done much sewing at all lately...just bee blocks. Life is pretty hectic right now.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!