Friday, April 20, 2012

Can I get a Whoop-Whoop?? My Friend's Quilt...

Hi, all!


It's Friday again - has your week been as busy as mine?  Seems like I've been standing at that quilting frame all week!!  But it's all good!!




Today I want to share a quilt that's only a little bit mine - my friend Robin created this beautiful quilt, choosing all the fabrics, piecing it, making the back and binding - all I did was quilt it.  So this is really her whoop whoop!!  Lots of gorgeous bright batiks, and I wish I knew the name of the pattern, because I really like it!  
Update: Robin says the name of this pattern is Fat Quarter Breeze from Best of Fons & Porter Easy Quilts
Robin made this quilt for the quilt ministry, so it will be bringing a lot of comfort and cheer to someone who needs it badly very soon.


^%^%^%^%^%^%^%^%^%^

So now it's your turn!

What have you been working on this week?

It doesn't have to be a finish - 
just something you're happy about!

Show it off!  We want to cheer!!

You have until Sunday night to link up....

Hugs!

Sarah


16 comments:

  1. I love the bright quilt that you and Robin have done. Maybe I could send you one in my closet with the backing and you could quilt it for gifting. Let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty quilt! Seeing colors like these always makes me wonder why I seem to be so afraid to use bright colors? They're spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a BEEE-U-ti-FULL batik quilt! It "speaks" cheery to all who see it.

    We've had a wirlwind WHOLE month. It seems I have a day or so to catch up and the "corn starts poppin' all over again"


    hugZ,
    annie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a fantastic quilt!!! I like this one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that quilt and I hope someone figures out what pattern it is- I would love to purchase it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful colors..someone will be delighted!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pattern! Love the vibrant colors, perfect for lifting spirits!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty whoop,whoop for Robin yes indeedE!

    Have a great weekend Sarah:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just a fun, bright quilt that I am sure to be loved - Robin did a lovely job with this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A fun bold and colorful quilt indeed! I'm ashamed to say I have not even touched the Cat Quilt that WILL get finished this year... I Must Do Better ;? This quilt is pushing to get it going again.
    Have a lovely weekend.
    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  11. This quilt is called Fat Quarter Breeze from Best of Fons & Porter Easy Quilts. It was fun to put together!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ok, so I kept getting error messages with linky...so I linkied alot lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for another great link up. I really enjoy visiting the other blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice quilt Sarah! I'm glad I made it to your site (enroute home in the Munich airport). For some reason, Barcelona didn't like my links or the linky party!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the bright colors in this quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!