Friday, July 19, 2013

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? A Little Christmas in July...


Hi, all!

It's Friday again - are you ready to get your whoop whoop on?  I know I am!!

*&*&*&*&*&*

Well, after working a bit on my Swoon quilt earlier this week, today I decided that I wanted to work on something a bit brighter - so I pulled out the fabric I bought to make Emmy's quilt for Christmas.  I remember the day she was wearing an aqua t-shirt with a pair of coral shorts, and I thought "those colors look great on her!"  Then I saw Flirt by Sandy Gervais, and it was perfect!  So I ordered a jelly roll, and recently supplemented it with the pretty panel from the line.  And here's what I put together this morning...


This is the arty shot, but here's a better shot of the top...


It went together pretty quickly, and I've still got some of the jelly roll left to do something interesting on the back.  

I've been making a quilt for each of my granddaughters each year for Christmas since Lilli was two - I didn't quilt before that - and it's a tradition I really enjoy.  They should have a nice stack of quilts to take to their new homes when they get married, many years in the future!  Lilli actually told me that all she wanted from me for Christmas was a new quilt - she counts on Papa to give her all the toys she wants!

And just to prove I've really been working on the Swoon quilt, here's a pic of the blocks I've finished.  There's one more almost done, except I cut the center square a quarter-inch too narrow so I can't put it together until I get home to my leftover fabric...


And that's what I'm whooping about this week!

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

And now it's your turn!

What have you been working on this week
that's got you dancing the happy dance?

Do tell - we want to dance along with you!

The party will stay open until Sunday midnight - 

Hope to see you there!!

Hugs!

Sarah

17 comments:

  1. oh, that coral and aqua quilt is so much fun! That's a wonderful tradition and I'm sure that your granddaughters will treasure those quilts forever. Your swoons look great too! Thanks once again for hosting!

    Whoop!
    Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two very different projects there. I love having different projects to work on, it stops you getting bored! Enjoy your break!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love that flower fabric and the swoon blocks are gorgeous.
    Susanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilts are beautiful. What a good idea to make quilts for the girls each year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the coral and aqua quilt!! It is such a happy little quilt:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty and I love your tradition. I know my kids will have a stack of quilts to take with them when they grow up too. How can they not when their mom is a quilter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty quilt! And what a lovely tradition. You are really sowing to the future.

    ReplyDelete
  8. All she wanted was a quilt from Grandma! That is sooo sweet!

    Have a wonderful day Sarah! I am off to WI!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous colours in the quilt top and fab tradition you've got going and goes without saying that your Swoon are fab too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful quilt for Lilli! You had me at aqua and coral. She is going to love it! Lovely Swoon blocks too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love, love, love the tradition you have created for your granddaughters! Don't be surprised if at least one of them carries it on with her children/grandchildren. Wouldn't that be cool! One thing...I had NO idea you were old enough to have granddaughters, lol. You look way too young!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love coal and aqua, very summery and happy. She's going to love it! Swoon's look lovely too especially the blue and yellow one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm going to have to try those Swoon blocks one of these days. I like your colors.

    I've been making the grandkids quilts every year for Christmas too and now I've started on some Hope Chests for them full of things I'm making for them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like your idea to sew around the panel the way you did! It looks great!
    Keep on your "Swooning" I did only four blocks, but it´s a nice quilt!
    Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How very cool to have a tradition like that! I have three nephews and am aiming to make each one a quilt for their fifth birthday. I love the coral/aqua quilt! Such a pretty colour combo!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your Swoon blocks are really pretty! Keep up the good work. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!