Monday again, and the start of another busy week! This one's especially busy, because Lilli will be starting kindergarten. A whole different schedule this week, then we start a new "normal" as Emmy and I will be alone together again! And in between all the babysitting this week, I've got plenty to do. But first, let's see how I did on last week's list...
1. Make a ministry quilt for a little boy.
My friend Piper is working on the kit I put together using Spiderman material.
2. Applique the stars to the blue field of the flag quilt.
I didn't get to this one.... :-(
3. Create a plan of what to make for the craft show.
Done! And I feel a lot better about it now - I've got plenty of time to make everything I want to take, I think!
4. Make at least five items for the show.
Done, big time! I made ten crayon roll-ups, seven key fobs, six lanyards, and a quilt top last week!
5. Quilt at least five quilts for Rogersville.
Done! Including the three I took to church last Sunday, I've quilted nine quilts in eight days. Here's a few of them...
6. Finish the guest room.
I did some work on this but when my niece's plans changed, I lost interest...
7. Take care of any other ministry needs that arise.
Done! We had a request for a 3-year old girl just diagnosed with cancer, and this quilt will work perfectly!
And here's what my week looks like this week - - - Monday (today) I had both girls for the day. We had a ball, and I managed to quilt a Rogersville quilt, finish three crayon roll-ups, and make a quilt back, too. Tomorrow I'll be taking Lilli to a movie while her little sister has some doctors' appointments - our last fling before school starts! Wednesday I'll be babysitting Emmy for a couple of hours in the morning while my daughter and son-in-law go to the beginning of the first day of kindergarten with Lilli. Thursday is mine, and then Friday, I have Emmy for at least part of the day. In between all of that, here's what I'd like to get done....
1. Keep quilting one quilt a day for Rogersville.
2. Applique the stars to the flag field.
3. Make nine mug rugs for the craft show.
4. Quilt a baby quilt for the craft show.
5. Quilt a ministry quilt for a woman just diagnosed with a brain tumor.
6. Keep up with any other ministry needs that come up.
I think that's enough for this week - and maybe I can get to all of this before next Monday! Oh and if anyone's interested, the diet is going well - I've lost four pounds since last Monday and I find that I'm making better food choices on the non-fasting days! Woohoo!! And those fasting days aren't so bad - not much worse than a day when I get too busy to eat. Let's hope it continues....
So now the question is - - - what are you working on this week?