Friday, June 20, 2014

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? A little more Celtic Solstice...

Hi, all!

It's Friday again, and time to get your whoop whoop on!  Are you ready?  I'm still feeling my way back into my normal routine, but I've got a little something to whoop about - and then a bigger something!  So let's go!

*&*&*&*&*&*&*


When I returned home from vacation last week, all these lovely packages were waiting for me.  One of them contained two lovely quilt tops from Laura in Richmond - and one of them was a Celtic Solstice!  


Oh, I love this quilt pattern!  And not having the patience or time to work through a Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt, I love that we sometimes get them in our donations.  This particular mystery makes me smile every time I see it!


I took the center part that Laura sent and added the bright yellow stop border and a blue print outer border to bring this quilt up to 60" square.  For right now, it's in the stack we are holding for the senior high mission team to take to New York for Hurricane Sandy victims in October, although it may find a home sooner than that if a need arises.  It was a beautiful top to work with and a joy to quilt!  Thanks, Laura, for sending it!

*&*&*&*&*&*&*


And my second whoop involves my daughter and her family!  Their home study is complete and winging its way to the U.S. State Department, and they can now turn in applications for grants that will allow people to make tax deductible donations to help them finance the adoption of little Nathanael!  Whoop Whoop!!  You can see their adoption fundraising site by clicking here

I've also started receiving some "squish and a wish" envelopes for Nathanael's 100 Good Wishes quilt - it's so exciting to see them arriving, knowing what a wonderful quilt will come of them someday soon!  If you'd also like to join in the fun, let me know in a comment and I'll send you more info.  PS Please be sure you're not a no-reply blogger - I had one person who wanted to send one, but she was a no-reply blogger and I have no way to contact her.  So if you have left a comment but I haven't responded, please email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

And now it's your turn!

What's making you dance the happy dance this week?


Share with us - we want to dance along with you!

Remember - it doesn't have to be a finish -

Just whatever's making you happy!

The party will stay open until Sunday midnight -

Hope to see you there!

Hugs!

Sarah

13 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah! This quilt is stunning! Congratulations on your daughter and your beautiful grandchildren... so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a week of good news! That quilt is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your squirrel dance - I think I will try to get my hexie row finished today

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm fighting to get back to normal also, but it probably won't happen until fall......we are in the final month before the wedding.......YIKES!

    I'd love to send fabric for Nathanael's quilt, please mail me your address and specifications.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Celtic Solstic looks great, Sarah! I love the bright borders you added.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a stunner that Celtic Solstice. Good news everywhere. Prayers of praise going up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree that the Celtic Solstice is a beautiful pattern and your version is super.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful donation quilt! Sure to be a blessing to a special recipient:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what a generous donation quilt. The completed borders make it even more stunning

    ReplyDelete
  10. It always astounds me what people give away as either fully finished or partly finished as donation gifts. That one you got had a lot of work done. It obviously didn't turn out pleasing to the maker & she gave up. I work with a group too, and we are always getting donations like that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the Celtic Solstice too and Yeah for the next step being complete on the journey to that little boy. You KNOW that I'm going to follow along on every step until he is finally home with his forever family.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The family picture is beautiful. They just beam with happiness. Nathaniel is very blessed to become part of their loving home. I would like to be a part of his quilt. Please let me know what size fabric and note to send.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just read your daughter's fund raising page, and see that they have a deaf daughter! I am a sign language interpreter! I love deaf people... are they and you all learning sign language? I hope so! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!