Friday, June 13, 2014

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? Unusual Stuff...

Hi, all!

Wow - I was just sitting here on the sofa thinking about going to bed, when I realized that I still hadn't written my Whoop Whoop Friday post!  Oops - it's been a weird week and Friday just kind of snuck up on me!

We were out of town until Wednesday night - and our flight was one of the last to make it out of Baltimore before they cancelled all of the others due to weather.  We had friends who were supposed to leave on a flight fifteen minutes after ours who made it home at 4:30 Thursday morning!  So we're whooping about getting home, more or less on time.


We delivered the Swoon quilt to my niece and her future husband, and they loved it!  Another whoop!

Saw this really cool sign on the side of a building in Baltimore - it stands about 30 feet tall, and all of the different sections are made of growing things - grass, ivy, things like that.  AND it reminded me of a quilt!



When I got home, I found all these on the table waiting for me - boxes full of quilts for Hurricane Sandy survivors!  Whoop whoop!


And thanks to some of you and many others, my daughter came within $200 of her goal with the "150 in 5" fundraising campaign! Amy Lankheit won the giveaway - you can read Nancy's post about the results here.


And now I'm busily packaging H2H winnings to send off to some of the 71 participants who made 146 quilts to donate to Quilts of Compassion, Happy Chemo, or Hurricane Sandy survivors!  I'm definitely whooping about those results - you guys are amazing!!


And - I'm starting to hear from people who want to send a "squish and a wish" for Nathanael's 100 Good Wishes quilt!  I'm expecting the first one to arrive any day now.  If you'd like to read more about 100 Good Wishes quilts and what I'm hoping to do for Nathanael, click here.  If you want to send "a squish and a wish", tell me in a comment below and I'll send you the guidelines!

Next week things should be back to normal around here, and hopefully I'll have some quilt-y sewing to share!
But for today, these are what I'm whooping about!

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

And now it's your turn!

What's got you dancing the happy dance today?



Share - we want to dance right along with you!

Remember - it doesn't have to be a finish - 
just what's making you happy!

The party will stay open until Sunday midnight -

Hope to see you there!

Hugs!

Sarah


8 comments:

  1. What a great week of Whoop Whoops! I love that sign from Baltimore - quiltspiration really does come from so many places.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's ironic that you mentioned the 100 wishes quilt today. As I was photographing my Friendship block for my Farmer's Wife quilt I was thinking that it would be a perfect pattern for one of those quilts. Glad to hear that they came fairly close to their goal with the necklaces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You never sit still...do YOU? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah I would be delighted to send a squish and a wish if that is ok? As always thank you for hosting the linky party. Have a great weekend Marie x (mlismore@optusnet.com.au)

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds like you busy - hope you had a good trip

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoop-whoop for all your good things today! I am behind in blog reading but send me the Squish and Wish details, please.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your Swoon. Thanks again for all the hard work you do for H2H.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!