Friday, October 3, 2014

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? A Finished Commission!!

Hi, all!

It's Friday again, and you know what that means - it's time to get our whoop whoop on!!  I'm whooping because fall is here in full force, and it's gorgeous around here - the leaves are starting to turn and the weather is cool.  My favorite time of the year!  Oh, and let's not forget pumpkin spice lattes!  I'm headed to Gatlinburg, TN for a few days next week, and I'm hoping to get some amazing pictures like this one…


I'm planning to take the next batch of quilts that Nancy will be using for fundraising to take some pictures of them in the Great Smoky Mountains - keep your fingers crossed that there's beautiful color and views! 

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

But here's what I'm really whooping about today - 
I finished the t-shirt commission quilt!!  


This is a big one - 72" x 84" - and I straight line quilted it on my Juki TL98-Q.



 The back is a Kona premium muslin, 108" wide.  It is really nice fabric - I would definitely use it again for quilt backs.  Much nicer than regular muslin!


*&*&*&*&*&*&*

We also packed up another 32 quilts to go with the Senior High mission team on Saturday!  They will be taking a total of about 70 quilts for Hurricane Sandy victims and other people in need of a quilt-y hug.  It gives them a great starting point to begin a conversation with the people they minister to.  Thanks to many of you who sent quilts for their trip as a part of the Hands2Help Challenge this year!!

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

I've also been spending some quality time with these two cuties



Aren't they gorgeous?  
I'm so lucky to be able to spend lots of time with them!

So - - - can I get a whoop whoop??

*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*

And now it's your turn!

What's got you dancing the happy dance this week?


What are you whooping about today?

Share - we want to dance right along with you!!

The party will stay open until Sunday midnight -

Hope to see you there!!

Hugs!

Sarah

17 comments:

  1. I hope you do get fall color photos as gorgeous as the one you shared. That tops Colorado for sure! Great job on that T-shirt quilt. T-shirts can be so intimidating in quilting, but this one is perfect! And your granddaughters are adorable...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photo of the fall foliage is gorgeous! We've not seen the leaves change yet, we probably have another week before that really gets going here. Congrats on finishing up the T-shirt quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those girls are growing up so!! Fantastic T-shirt quilt. We are suppose to have Peak leaf by next weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. here is wishing you great fall color for your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your little ones are really growing up

    ReplyDelete
  6. The t-shirt quilt came out awesome! Love the pop of orange in the sashing and the quilting on it. Cute pics of all of you girls!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Sarah -- you did a great job on that T shirt quilt! I have seen a lot of them, and your gray sashing with orange posts and binding does so much to unify all the different shirts into a cohesive quilt design instead of looking like a mishmash from the laundry pile like so many T shirt quilts do. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like how you quilted the t-shirt quilt. Congrats on the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for telling us about the kona wide muslin - nice to know it's better than normal muslin. I wouldn't have thought of trying it. Nice job on the T-shirt quilt. :D And crossing my fingers for you about the photo op colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whow, Sarah!...Beautiful job on the t-shirt quilt. I'm going to remember the quilting design on it for when my time comes (as I know it will--my older son is huge on t-shirt collecting). The photos of your beautiful granddaughters make me look even more forward to the arrival of mine. Have a great time in Gatlinburg! Spent my second honeymoon there 37 years ago and loved it. I bet it hasn't changed much.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your finished T-shirt quilt is FABULOUS! I wish I had seen it before I did one for my son. I didn't have a clue what to do, and yours turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A big Whoop Whoop on that finished T-shirt quilt - looks great! Also on those quilts going off to the Hurricane Sandy victims. Awesome! The girls are cuties for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The t-shirt quilt turned out brilliantly; I love the little pops of orange at the corners, they really seem to bring it all together :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nicely done, both the quilt and the snuggling.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The quilt looks great! I am sure it was a big hit!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your little granddaughters are just delightful! Great job on the quilt, and what a gorgeous autumn photo.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!