Friday, October 24, 2014

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? Let's Cheer For Rita!


Hi, all!

Here we go - it's Friday again, 
and time to get your whoop whoop on!!  
Are you ready?


This week, I am once again woefully short on things I can show off that are whoop-worthy - most of what I've been working on is in the not-very-interesting stage still.  But - - - Rita has been on a roll this week, so I thought I'd share some of the pretty things she has been working on!

First of all, there's this beautiful butterfly quilt she finished last week.  The paper-pieced blocks came from Sharon, and Rita provided the setting and the piano key border.



These are such amazing blocks - the detail is wonderful!

And here's a few of the orphan block quilts she finished this week...


A beautiful monkey wrench block quilt...


A really nice setting of nine-patch blocks...


And check out this grouping of varied orphan blocks!  
Isn't that fun!

Wednesday night she brought her magic bag to church.  Do you remember Mary Poppins' magical carpet bag, that held so many things?  Well, Wednesday night Rita started pulling orphan block tops out of her magic bag - each one gorgeous and unique - and she had ten new quilt tops in that amazing bag!  I wish I had thought to take a picture of the stack of tops when she finished pulling them out - it was pretty amazing!

But it's not all work in The Sweatshop these days - Piper brought our newest and smallest member of the group to supervise us today - her 7 month old daughter!  Holding court on a pile of quilts on the floor, she kept us all working - but Rita decided to take a break and get down on her level!


They had quite the conversation down there before little Bailey Ann told Rita to get back to work!

So - can Rita get a Whoop Whoop??

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

And now it's your turn!

What have you been working on this week?


What's got you doing the happy dance?

Share - we want to dance right along with you!

The party will stay open until Sunday midnight -

Hope to see you there!!

Hugs!

Sarah

6 comments:

  1. Well Whoop Whoop Rita!! It is so nice to put a face with the person who is making such lovely quilts with all my blocks. The butterfly quilt is just stunning and anything with a piano key border makes me swoon. I better get busy so I can keep her busy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoop, Whoop, Rita! You ARE the Quilting Queen! I am SO glad I got to meet her on that Saturday a few weeks ago. The quilting machine was smoking that day. Your love and talent for sewing and quilting really shines and you are a blessing to so many people!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another GREAT quilt show! Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate to pick favorites - but man - I really like that Churn dash one!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!