Monday, October 20, 2014

Make-A-List Monday - Back to the Routine!


Hi, all!

Well, it's Monday, and I'm still alive!  Woohoo!!  And the house is clean, so I don't have to worry about that for a while - double woohoo!!  Last week was crazy and I'm glad to see things getting back to the normal routine for a while. And it's time for


So let's get right down to it and see how last week's list went...

1.  Call the drywall guy!
Nope!  As many of you kindly reminded me, it's smart to get the leak fixed first before having the drywall repaired… I've had no luck getting the roofer out yet, but the insurance adjuster did come by today, so at least things are moving along!

2.  Finish the cleaning and decorating for the fundraiser.
Done!  And you know, I didn't take a single picture of how the house looked set up!  So now there's no proof….  ;-)

3.  Work on the commission quilt.
In progress!  I've put together all the components, now it's time to start assembling the blocks.

4.  Do the backstitching on Nathanael's stocking.
In progress!  I'e done about half of the backstitching, and hope to get it finished this week.  This is what I work on in the evenings!



5.  Take photos of the quilts to sell for the adoption fund at my friend's barn.
I didn't get to this one, mainly because we had pretty nasty weather here until Friday, and I spent all day Friday cooking!  But it's on the schedule for tomorrow morning.

6.  Quilt two quilts for the ministry.
I didn't get to this one at all.  Bad quilter!

7.  Keep up with ministry needs as they arise.
Done!  This quilt went to a gentleman battling cancer; it was pieced by Marie and quilted by her husband, Tommy…



This quilt went to a young man who had knee surgery this week; it was pieced by Deb…

That's Piper, photobombing this pic!

This beautiful orphan block quilt went to a woman just diagnosed with breast cancer; the blocks came from Sharon and were arranged and pieced together by the Orphan Block Queen, Rita…

Those are beautiful paper-pieced butterflies and moths!

This quilt went to a woman who diagnosed with throat cancer…



This one is going to a 10 year old girl with a serious genetic disorder…



And this pretty quilt is now gracing the bed of a woman who just had back surgery.


Whew!  Quite a few this week!  For those of you interested, we are up to 266 for the year and 938 all-time - only 62 left until we have given away 1000!!

8.  Work on posts for a giveaway/fundraiser coming later this week.  Stay tuned!!
Done!  If you missed the post, you can see it here.  There's still time to get in the running for a $25 gift certificate to Noonday Collection, if you are interested.  Details are in the post.

OK - like I said, it will be good to get back to "normal" around here!  Let's see what's on tap for this week…

1.  Contact repair people to get quotes for the damage repair work in the garage.

2.  Take photos of the quilts to sell for the adoption at my friend's barn.

3.  Finish the back-stitching on Nathanael's stocking.

4.  Assemble the blocks for the commission quilt.

5. Write up an estimate for another t-shirt commission quilt.

6.  Quilt two quilts for the ministry.

7.  Complete a quilt top for the ministry.

8.  Participate in a Jelly Roll Race at church tonight with my Sewing Siblings!

9.  Keep up with all ministry needs that may arise.

A busy week once again, but it will feel much more normal to be spending time behind my sewing machine than it did spending it behind the vacuum cleaner!

So now, the question is… what are YOU working on this week??

Hugs!

Sarah

5 comments:

  1. Love all the quilts!! Oh my , forgot about the butterflies - Rita did a super job with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It amazes how much you can get done in a week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nathanael's stocking is gorgeous. I do hope he will be with you for Christmas. I love Piper photo bombing that picture, and I love the pink quilt for the lady with throat cancer. I do hope it gives her comfort. You get so much done in a week. Maybe I should write a list too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the butterflies! Rita did a great job arranging. Did Sharon paper piece them?
    Packing to move, decorating for Halloween and sewing the curves on the Drunkard's Path are on the agenda for this week.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. As usual you have a lot on your plate but you always manage to find time to get all or at least most of it done.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!