Friday, March 25, 2016

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? A Twirly Dress...

Hi, all!

It's Friday again - - - and that means it's time for us to get our whoop whoop on!!  Ready to do a little happy dance?  I know I am!    It's been a good week here...


Whoop #1: I did the taxes, and we're getting a refund!  (And it's not even April yet!)  Whoop whoop!!



Whoop #2:  102 people have signed up to participate in the Hands2Help Charity Quilt Challenge so far!!  That is AMAZING!!!  There's still plenty of time to join in if you want to see that number rise up even higher - you can read more about the Challenge here.  The signup form is available in the upper right sidebar, too!


And my next whoop whoop is because this sweet little munchkin...


...will be turning four in just a few days!  I can't believe she's that old already!  One of her main joys in life is pretty twirly dresses - she loves to show everyone how her skirts twirl when she's wearing one.  So of course, I had to make her one for her birthday!



Unfortunately, for it to be a surprise, I don't have any action shots today... I'll post those after her birthday!  But this skirt will definitely twirl - the chest measurement is 25", but the skirt is 115" around the hem!


And isn't the fabric cute?  It's a Japanese double gauze from Fabricworm, and the little cats are wearing hipster glasses!  I bought it way back before Christmas, so it still fits the bill of sewing my stash - even the teal rick-rack was in my tub of miscellaneous trims!  That's when you know you have a stash problem - when you have the absolutely perfect color on hand!

So - - - can I get a whoop whoop???

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

And now it's your turn!

What's got you whooping it up this week?


What's making you dance a little happy dance?

Share - we want to dance right along with you - 

And it's always more fun to dance with friends!

The party will stay open until Sunday midnight.

Hope to see you there!

Hugs!

Sarah

PS:  Want a great reason to whoop whoop this weekend?  Craftsy is saying a sweet farewell to National Craft Month by offering you the chance to get any online class for just $19.99!!  Check out all the classes on sale before the offer ends on Monday.



17 comments:

  1. That dress is so pretty! Love the ruffles and the cute print.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great you have your taxes done!! That girl is a beauty!!
    She will be happy twirling in that dress! I am sure she give you a bit whoop whoop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A good twirling skirt is a must. She will be so cute in it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cutie! The twirly dress turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute little dress for your little cutie! She's lucky to have such a talented & generous grandma to make a twirly dress for her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That dress is adorable! My daughter just turned 4 and I'm still planning to make her a butterfly skirt. I don't think you can go wrong with this kitty fabric though, what little girl wouldn't love it??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nothing like a twirly skirt! I remember turning around (on purpose!) so much it would make me dizzy and the room would spin. Hope she loves those kitties.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your great week, and happy early birthday to a girl who loves swirly dresses. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That dress is going to have some major twirlage! I remember my mom making dresses like that for my sisters and me. I just love it! Happy Birthday to her!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahh, tax time! I'm working on those today! Happy Birthday to one sweet little girl! Her dress is adorable and the rick-rack and button are the perfect addition. I have been collecting vintage rick-rack and want to find the perfect project for it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet! Every girl needs a twirly dress or two or three...

    ReplyDelete
  12. That dress is adorable, I so miss making cute little dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cutie. And who doesn't love cute cat fabric :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a cute dress. And I agree...a skirt should twirl.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Whoop Whoop for getting the taxes done and that adorable dress! Can you do my taxes for me? ;) Thanks for the linky!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Is there a pattern for the adorable dress? jeri.mihm@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!