Wow! Monday again! Where did the week go? It's been busy, but spring is so energizing - it makes me want to sew in lovely bright colors and make beautiful things! How about you? Are you feeling a little spring fever?
And in homage to my math-geek nieces, today is Pi Day - 3.1416! We celebrated today by eating a pizza (pie) - yum!!
Even though the week went fast, I think I did well on my list - let's see how it went!
1. Work on a bow tie scrap quilt from the green scrap tub.
Done! I was so excited about the pieces I cut, I took it ALL. THE. WAY!
2. Quilt the red and blue ministry quilt.
Done! I actually buckled down and did this one today - it was a lot of fun and I'm glad it's done. Marie, who put this one together, will be putting the binding on.
3. Make some string blocks from the green scrap tub.
I've made a start - ten pretty 7" string blocks - and I can see how this will become addictive!
4. Write several estimates for commission jobs.
Done! It's been a busy week for estimates, but I'm not complaining - I wrote estimates for four quilts and one weighted blanket!
5. Write the next post for the "I May Have A Scrap Problem" series.
Done! You can read it by clicking here. And be sure to stop back by on Wednesday - I'll be sharing about cutting up your scraps and some suggestions for ways to do that!
6. Write the first post for this year's Hands2Help Charity Quilt Challenge!
Done! If you haven't already signed up, I hope you'll check out this post and see if it's something you'd like to join in on! It's a lot of fun, a great way to help others, and there are giveaways!!
7. Do some major re-arranging in the quilt room at church to keep from having tables in the hall 24/7 (the fire marshall is unhappy!)
Done! It was a lot of very hard work, by a whole lot of us in the ministry, but we've managed to clear out the hall and transferred donations to a rolling rack that we can move out in the hall when we need to work there, then move it back in before we close up shop for the day! I'll try to remember to take some pictures Wednesday night....
8. Keep up with any needs that come up for the quilt ministry.
Done! Four quilts this week...
This one went to a little newborn boy who is having health issues...
...and this one went to his mother, who is also having health problems. She's a teacher at our local elementary school, and their mascot is the 'gator, and their school color is 'gator green!
This quilt went to a young woman who had surgery to remove a brain tumor last week.
And this quilt went to a couple who lost their 3-month old baby to SIDS this weekend. Hopefully they can wrap up in this quilt and feel all the love and prayers that are being lifted up for them at this difficult time.
So, thanks to today's marathon quilting session, I managed to get everything on last week's list done! I'm glad - that ministry quilt had been hanging around a little too long and it felt good to finish it up! Now let's see what's on tap for this week...
1. Use this stack of pretty, spring-y fabrics to test drive a quilt pattern for a friend.
2. More string blocks from that green tub!
3. Make a quilt from some lawn samples for a baby that may be coming early.
4. Blogposts for I May Have A Scrap Problem, Whoop Whoop Friday and Hands2Help!
5. Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up!
OK, a short list this week - I've got to get on top of some things and clear them off the table before I have to start those commission jobs. And sometime, I have to do the taxes.... boo hiss.... but unfortunately, the IRS doesn't care that I'd rather quilt than do my taxes!!
So now, the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?