I hope everyone had a spectacular Easter weekend! Facebook and Instagram were full of pictures of families and kids all shining bright with Easter joy - a lovely sight! I had a personal visit from the Easter Bunny...
She was a little hard to catch - the batteries had run down on her cochlear implant processors so she couldn't hear - but that didn't stop her from having an awesome Easter egg hunt!
But as always, it's time to review last week's list and see what's coming up this week - so let's get started!
1. Work on two commission twin-size bed quilts.
Done! I put together the centers of these two jelly roll quilts, and am ready to proceed with the next step now that my fabric order has arrived!
2. Make a dress for Emmy for her 4th birthday!
Done! I had so much fun making this - and I think Emmy will have fun twirling around in it!
3. Must. Do. Taxes. (boo!!)
Done!!! Hooray!!!! Every year I think I will do them earlier, but always end up waiting. They're done now, though!
4. Must. Change. Oil. (really!)
Done! My Honda Element turned over 100K miles earlier this month, and she got new spark plugs and new oil - because she deserved it!
5. Make more string blocks.
Done! I now have twenty string blocks done!
6. Inspiration post for I May Have a Scrap Problem.
Done! If you missed it, be sure to check it out - there's a lot of scrappy quilt inspiration there!! Here's just a sample...
7. Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.
Done! We gave away a few quilts this week...
This quilt went to an elderly woman with brain cancer...
And this one went to a 2-year old girl who will be having open heart surgery in April...
This quilt went to a baby boy who had surgery last week...
And this quilt went to a single mom with multiple health and life issues...
This quilt went to a grandmother who fell and broke some bones and is now in rehab.
So it was a good week for getting stuff done! I even got a little something extra done, but I'm saving that for Wednesday.....
And here's what I'm hoping to do this week!
1. Finish the two commission quilts.
2. Make more string blocks.
3. Set up the link party for results in the I May Have A Scrap Problem challenge.
4. Spend a fun day with my grandkids during their spring break so their parents can have a "date afternoon"!
5. Make a scrappy tote bag.
6. Quilt at least one quilt for my special project.
7. Bind some quilts for the quilt ministry.
8. Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.
It seems like I'm forgetting something important, but at least I have a plan for the week - we'll see what else comes up in the meantime!
So now, the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?