Friday, September 30, 2016

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? Bring On The Babies!

Hi, all!

It's Friday again, and that means a lot of things - the weekend is upon us, it's time to get our whoop whoop on again, AND it's the second week of the Artisan blog hop, so there will be some more great eye candy for us today!  


Just a little sneak peek!

I don't know about you, but I'm really excited to see what today's blogger has created.  Jennifer over at CraftSanity is sharing her ideas today, so be sure to hop over there and see what she did with all these beautiful new Artisan prints!

And now, it's time to whoop it up, so let's get started!!


*&*&*&*&*&*&*


This week I got ahead of the game and finished quilts for two babies due in October!!


This quilt is made from pat of a charm pack of Lucy's Crab Shack, combined with Connecting Threads Quilter's Candy Chambray in Light Denim and Sky.  


Those two colors were the perfect complement for the colors in Lucy's Crab Shack!


I used a pretty linen stripe for the binding, and a giant blue and white check for the backing.  As soon as that baby boy shows up, I'll be sending this one to its new home!


And then later in the month, there's a baby girl due!  I made this quilt with a mini-charm pack of Hello Darling - which seemed totally appropriate for a new baby girl!  


The background is Kona Punch and I used a pretty salmon color solid for the binding.


And in trying to "shop my stash", so to speak, I found this beautiful green print for the back.  A little unexpected, but it works really well with all the prints!


So my quilt-y sewing for this week gives me a jump on gifts for October babies - - - whoop whoop for me!  AND both of these quilts were made completely from stash - which means two more for Sew My Stash 2016!!

Linking up with "Let's Make Baby Quilts" 

 *&*&*&*&*&*&*

And now it's your turn!

What are you whooping it up about this week?


What's making you dance a little happy dance?

Share - we want to dance right along with you -
And it's always more fun to dance with friends!

The party will stay open until midnight Sunday -

Hope to see you there!

Hugs!

Sarah



13 comments:

  1. My favourite is the baby girl quilt, I like it's design very much! This week I (kind of) finished the quilt for my daughter, and that makes me dance just like Jerry :)
    Cheers,
    Emese

    ReplyDelete
  2. We finished cutting the firewood , and it is all in one mighty heap to dry for next winter.That was enough, no sewing, and photos to come tomorrow, to show what sweat and almost tears can do over a week or so!!! Love your baby quilts, the quilting pattern on the blue one is super.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a beautiful job on both quilts. Both mommas and babies are sure to love them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute baby quilts, Sarah! I think the green backing on the girl one is genius :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love both of the quilts! That salmon fabric is stunning! Wendy at piecefulthoughts@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great quilts Sarah, so nice to get a jump on it isn't it~ You always stay so busy!! I would love to be piecing something right now, but have to get things finished and inventoried for a craft show delivery on Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sarah, the baby quilts are adorable. I like the simplicity of both! Perfect designs for charms and mini charms. And I love the quilting on the girly one! Thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's fun to see some of those older fabrics. Congrats on the babies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the baby quilts. Michelle has a linky party for BQs over at Let's Make Baby Quilts and she'd love you to link. That Kona Punch is wonderful - it's always so good to visit you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The baby quilts are just so great. Lots of love to the babies.
    I happily made 6 mug rugs yesterday and today but still need to turn and sew down the binding on them. Small 6 by 9 so will finish up fast.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable quilts. Isn't it satisfying to use fabrics from your stash!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, both darling baby quilts. I just love making quilts for babies.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the baby girl quilt... who wouldn't with that Kona Punch color! Great finishes.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!