Friday, October 20, 2017

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? Paying Work Rocks!

Hi, all!

This week has just flown by, and it's finally Friday!  And that means it's time to get our whoop whoop on - are you ready?  I know I am!  Let's get started!

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

I am happy to say that I finished this commission T-shirt quilt!  And just ahead of the deadline - SCORE!


Slowly but surely, these puzzle-style quilts are getting easier.  This one actually laid flat the first time I put it together!   And I didn't rip out any hair trying to do the quilt math....  That's a win in my book!

The front...

I also took one of the t-shirts, a great two-sided Disney shirt, and made this fun pillow!

...and the back!

After fighting with the invisible zipper foot (FYI the foot won), I gave up and put a traditional nylon zipper in the bottom of this pillow cover so that it can be washed when needed.

That's my whoop-whoop for the week! I'm overjoyed to have this off my plate - it's getting close to Christmas and I've got to start working on the kids' annual quilts...

So - - - can I get a whoop whoop???

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

And now it's your turn!

What's got you whooping it up this week?


What's making you do a little happy dance?

Share!  We want to dance right along with you -
And it's always more fun to dance with friends!

The party will stay open until Sunday midnight.

Hope to see you there!

Hugs!

Sarah

12 comments:

  1. I managed almost a whole day with very little rib muscle pain, and that was enough to almost....ALMOST, do a little dance of joy. Love the pillow, both front and " backside"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, I am such a big fan of your T Shirt Quilts. I am making my first and it may not be my last. My biggest challenge will be how to quilt it when I'm done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just thinking about t-shirt quilts this morning - yours looks great! And the pillow gave me a good chuckle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great quilt - what do you use on the back for interfacing?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great quilt! I love the pillow too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The quilt turned out great and the pillow is darling. FYI - invisible zippers hate me! I feel your pain trying to put one in. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. The t-shirt quilt looks great and I LOVE that pillow. It is the cutest pillow ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats! on another completed T-shirt Quilt. I don't blame you a bit for saving out that last shirt. Made for a rally cute pillow!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My whoop-whoop is not that finished quilt but the finished POST! It took me forever to finally sit down, compile all the pictures and get the darn thing written! Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!