Friday, October 13, 2017

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? Sweet Hearts

Hi, all!

Well, Friday has rolled around once again, and you know what that means - it's time to get our whoop whoop on!  I hope you're ready - I know I am!  Let's get started!

I've been busy making pillows this week for a marketplace at a women's event, and I've shared most of them, but I realized that I hadn't shared my three favorite pillows....


These pillows started with three pretty little orphan blocks.  All three had shades of pink in them, which helped determine the background fabric.


I looted my stash for some beautiful linen that I was hoarding - a pale pink, a creamy white, and a deeper pink that actually started life as an IKEA curtain!


All of them are quilted in a grid style, fitted out on the back with an envelope closure (all in the creamy white linen), and bound wth a beautiful tan, cream and white Modernist print.  They are so pretty together!  Soft and feminine, they'll be perfect in a little girl's room or in a "lady cave"!

Now, if you've been watching my progress with pillow covers and are starting to get the bug to make some of your own, I'm hoping to post a tutorial this coming week with the simple how-to's so you can join in the fun!

Can I get a whoop whoop??

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

And now it's your turn!

What's got you whooping it up this week?


What's making you do a little happy dance?

Share!  We want to dance right along with you -
And it's always more fun to dance with friends!

The party will stay open until Sunday midnight -

Hope to see you there!

Hugs!

Sarah



15 comments:

  1. Lovely pillows, and soft colours go so well with the inset hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your pillows and those dancing nuns - I remember nuns from my childhood days but none of them danced like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, your scrappy hearts on linen backgrounds are so feminine! Beautifully done! And thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your pillows look great - I am still organizing my sewing room and getting back to quilting on the frame

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those hearts. In fact they inspired me to make my own heart pillow. Find it funny that it is what I'm linking up with today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I definitely have pillow fever now!! Can't wait for the tutorial :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. all repurposed stuff! they're beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those scrappy heart pillows are so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful pillows! I like the off center placement.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The pillows are stunningly lovely. ❤️ I can't wait for your tutorial since I've got several pillows I want to make for the holidays and family? You amaze me with your creative energy!!! ��

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your pillows, it made me think of the scene in the film Steel Magnolia where Shelby was describing her wedding colors, Blush and Bashful--there's something sweet about the color pink.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh these are just so pretty! And I have been wondering how you were making the back. Looking forward to your tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  13. 'Love the pillows. Making them is addictive, lol. Looking forward to your tutorial.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!