Whew! Made it through last week, and I'm still alive! I've still got a big deadline this week, but at least there aren't as many things also clamoring for my attention. Do you have weeks like that - when there are so many things that seem to have the same amount of urgency? Fortunately there aren't so many of them, but boy they're fun when they come!
Let's take a look at last week's list and how it went...
1. Work on the t-shirt commission quilt; specifically, nail down the layout and start assembling.
Done! I managed to finish assembling it this afternoon, and it actually lays flat! Woohoo!!
2. Update the information brochure for the quilt ministry.
3. Prep decorations for the ministry booth at the women's event this coming weekend.
4. Finish working on stock for the ministry booth.
Done! Everything came together well, and we had a lovely booth with lots of visitors! It was fun to share about the quilt ministry with some new folks... and one of our members happened to have her spinning wheel in her car, so she showed us how to spin!
5. Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up this week.
Done! This quilt went to a woman who was moved into rehab this week...
This one went to a woman with lung cancer, going through chemo...
...and this one went to another woman also diagnosed with
This quilt went to a new baby boy!
We also gave a quilt to a young woman going through some hard times right now, but I neglected to get a photo of that one.
I've also been trying to walk each day, and I've taken some beautiful pictures out at the park. This is my favorite one from last week, taken on a very foggy morning...
OK, now that last week is behind me, I have to finish that t-shirt quilt so I can begin the next batch of projects! Here's my list for this week...
1. Finish the t-shirt quilt and deliver.
2. Make another pillow cover - a match for one we sold this weekend (the customer wanted a pair!)
3. And make one more pillow cover, a special request for a customer!
4. Quilt a vintage quilt top for a customer.
5. Cut out Nathanael's annual quilt.
6. Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.
I've got dozens of other projects to work on, but these are the most urgent for this week, so I'll start here! Christmas is coming up so quickly - I've been trying to avoid actually counting the days but I can feel it breathing down my neck - can you?
So now the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?