Friday, February 5, 2010

Ready and Waiting.....

Hello, all!!

Well, the house is clean, the muffins are made, and I think I'm ready for tomorrow's sewing group! One Saturday a month, a group of us get together for a morning of sewing and fellowship and boy, do we have fun!! It looks like we'll have about 15 here tomorrow morning, unless we get a bunch of snow (it's Tennessee, and we don't deal well with small amounts of snow here...). This month we are doing projects out of a book I got for Christmas called "One Yard Wonders". This is a great book for fabric addicts!! It's loaded with projects designed to be made out of a single yard of fabric - everything from projects for your home to children's and adult clothing to toys, purses and pet items. I'm excited to see what each person chooses to do for their project. Personally, I'm torn between making an adorable pinafore for my granddaughter and a 9-compartment fabric tray done in an origami style. Who knows? Maybe I'll make both!!

On another note, I was at my church today and found out about a little girl from out of state who is in a local hospital here for treatment. Her mom is with her, but her dad and the rest of her family are at their home. This seemed like the perfect time to use one of the quilts that this group made at our January meeting, so we will be sending one of the quilts to her. It will be nice to know, even indirectly, the child that will be receiving one of the quilts! It seems like this could become a bigger ministry in the future - we'll just have to see where God takes it!

I'll post pictures tomorrow from our group meeting - so you can see what everyone makes!

Later!

Sarah

2 comments:

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!