Welcome to October! One of my favorite months of the year - great weather, pumpkin everything, Christmas just around the corner - and it's my birthday month! My kids and grandkids love it because it's the first major school break - the kids are off to the beach for a few days and the grandkids are spending time going to the zoo, the pumpkin patch, all kinds of fun things to do while their parents are gone. Welcome to fall!
Let's see how last week's to-do list fared...
1. Make a lavender and gray quilt for a new baby coming soon at church.
Done! Simple is good - this quilt actually worked up in about 3 hours and 45 minutes, and that included the time to go to the store and get the fabric!
2. Marathon quilting day on Tuesday to quilt as many quilt tops for the ministry as I can in one day!
Done! I managed to quilt ten quilts on Tuesday - fun!
3. Deconstruct the t-shirts for the commission quilt and make the blocks.
The t-shirts are deconstructed, but I haven't made the blocks yet.
4. Work on Nathanael's stocking.
Done! All the snowmen are filled in, his name is on it, and I'm working on backstitching and putting in the last snowflakes!
5. Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.
Done! We gave away quite a few quilts this week...
This quilt went to a gentleman who was in a bad car accident...
This quilt now belongs to a young man just diagnosed with cancer...
This one went to an older gentleman who had a stroke...
And this one went to a woman who is in failing health.
This quilt went to a woman who has just been diagnosed with breast cancer.
And here's what's on my mind to do this week...
1. Piece Lilli's annual quilt top.
2. Make a quilt for one of my hubby's co-workers.
3. Make the t-shirt quilt blocks.
4. Make some more of these!
5. Work on Nathanael's stocking.
6. Keep up with any quilt needs that come up.
In the interests of getting this posted before I fall asleep again, that's going to be my list for the week!
So now, the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?