Well, last week was an interesting change of pace! If you didn't catch them, I invited guest bloggers to highlight each of this year's five Hands2Help charities, one each day of last week. Which meant that I didn't have a Make-A-List Monday post last week. So let's take a look at how my list from two weeks ago went, then I'll show you what I did last week...
1. Finish quilting the customer quilt (without mistakes this time!)
Done, thankfully! And with no further problems!
2. Keep working on the vintage quilt repair job.
Done! Well, at least, still in progress. It's going to be a slow job, because there's a lot of repair needed, but it is a fun one!
3. Start preparing next week's blog posts for Hands2Help.
Done! And there was a lot of great feedback - people liked learning more about the charities!
4. Keep working on the mindless sewing project.
Done! I couldn't locate a finished pic of my own top, but here's a pic of the wall full of more blocks we made at church on our monthly sewing day!
5. Bind four ministry quilts.
Done! And I even remembered to take a picture!
6. Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.
We gave away quite a few this week...
This quilt went to a woman whose mother passed away this week...
...and this one went to a woman in hospice care.
Another woman died unexpectedly this week, and we provided several quilts to family members...
This quilt went to her 4 year old granddaughter...
This quilt went to her daughter...
...and this quilt went to the woman's mother.
This quilt went to a church member's new grandbaby...
And this quilt went to a young woman in our community just diagnosed with leukemia.
This beauty went to a woman who just had surgery for breast cancer.
And finally, this quilt went to a woman who lost her adult child to a brain tumor recently.
In addition to all of that, I also said that I was hoping to PLAY - and PLAY I did! I had been wanting to make a solids version of the On-Line quilt, and I made a 36" square version that will be donated to Jack's Basket once it's finished.
But wait, that's not all....
I finished my Long Time Gone quilt! Don't worry, I'll be sharing more about this, probably on Friday - I've taken lots and LOTS of pictures!
And then I finished my Gypsy Wife top! It may be a little while before I can get this one on the frame, but I love that it's all put together. And I love it!
OK, so that's enough about last week. Here's my plan for this week...
1. Finish a ministry quilt for a special request.
2. Make heart blocks for the drive for the Christchurch victims (more about this on Wednesday's blogpost.)
3. Work on the vintage quilt.
4. Quilt the solids On-Line quilt.
5. H2H administrative stuff - lots of emails!
6. Sort out H2H prizes.
7. Taxes. (UGH)
8. Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.
I also got a new toy last week - a tiny little camera, like a Go Pro (but cheaper!) and I need to learn how to use it so I can start doing video tutorials! So I think I will spend some time playing with it, too.
So now, the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?