Friday, March 1, 2024

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop?

 

Hi, all!

What do you know - - - it's Friday again!  And we all know what that means - it's time for us to all get our whoop whoop on.  Are you ready?  Let's go!

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

It's been a busy week around my studio this week, and my quilt math brain has been stretched to its limit - but I have a finished t-shirt quilt top to show off!


It's been a while since I made one of these, and because I made some adjustments to block sizes as I went to fill in empty spots, I ended up needing to do some quilt math at the end to make sure everything fit.  Hopefully the second one this season will go a little easier now that I remember all the little tricks!  Quilting will come sometime next week, as I've got a busy weekend coming up.


Once I finished the top, I decided to take a little break and clean off my cutting table.  It feels so nice to have at least one little corner that is calm and peaceful and neat!


Then I decided to play around with an idea I had at church last week - a jelly roll quilt made with ombre fabric.  I had this piece of ombre, about a yard and a half, sitting in my stash, so I ironed it well and cut it into 1.75" width of fabric strips - the widest I could cut the strips and get 42.  I sewed them together, matching the yellow ends and the blue ends, then proceeded with a typical jelly roll quilt, and here's what I ended up with!  Isn't it pretty?


My friend Piper at church is working on the same thing, with a more traditional light-to-dark-to-light ombre, and I'm interested to see what hers ends up looking like!




And here's my final whoop whoop for the week - my daughter (the one on the left) celebrated her tenth birthday this week!  It's always so much fun when it's a leap year and we get to celebrate her "real"  birthday.  Her party will be on Saturday, because Lilli is away at DECA State Competition this week, but we went out to dinner with them Thursday and had a great time.  Where do the years go?

So - - - can I get a whoop whoop?

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

And now it's your turn!

What's got you whooping it up this week?


What's making you do a little happy dance?

Share! We want to dance right along with you,

And it's always more fun to dance with friends!

The party will stay open until Sunday midnight.  

Hope to see you there!

Hugs!

Sarah

7 comments:

  1. Very fun to have a Leap Year baby in the family!
    Your ombre transition is TOTALLY AMAZING!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is the prettiest 'jelly roll' quilt I've ever seen. GREAT idea!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea with the ombre fabric, and what a beautiful quilt! Happy birthday to your leap year baby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sarah, what a great looking quilt! I'm glad that you leap year baby got to celebrate her "real" birthday this year. Thanks for the party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The quilt turned out amazing! very pretty indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cool idea! It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That ombre "jelly roll" quilt looks fantastic!
    Congratulations to your 10-year-old Leap Day "baby"! There was a very rare Leap Day birth here in Canada - a couple welcomed quads on Feb. 29th!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!