Saturday, January 9, 2010

New Year's Resolutions!!

Hello, all! I don't usually make new year's resolutions - it's too depressing when I don't keep them - but I think this year I may try one. As you can see from the title of my blog, I am a self-confessed fabric addict. I love love love the colors, textures, and patterns of fabric! Vintage fabric, modern fabric, you name it, I love it! Unfortunately, though, this has created a serious storage problem at my house, and thus my new year's resolution - to try to use fabric from my stash as much as possible this year. I know I can't resist buying more fabric for the stash, but I'm sure going to try using up as much as I can!

While I do a lot of different types of sewing, my latest fabric craft addiction seems to be quilting. My husband Bill gave me lots of quilting tools and supplies for Christmas, which I am already enjoying! Today I cut out strips with my new electric rotary cutting machine for a Trip Around The World quilt. I saw the inspiration for this quilt on our trip to Seattle at a quilt shop called Under Cover Quilts at the Pike Place Farmers Market. Hanging in the window was a beautiful quilt made up of 2" squares of Christmas fabric. My husband remarked on how beautiful it was - and I immediately flashed on the stash of Christmas fabrics I have tucked away! Once we got back home, I pulled out the fabrics and found that I had eighteen different prints (yep, told you I had a serious fabric jones!), easily enough for the top of at least one large quilt and probably several lap size quilts too! I'll post pictures as the quilt comes along........

Of course, I couldn't get out of the quilt shop without some new fabric, but I did limit it to one six-pack of fat quarters in beautiful blues, greys and light greens. I'm still trying to decide what to do with those fabrics, but it's so much fun looking for just the right pattern!

Now if I could just clone myself and put the clone to work organizing the fabric stash while I sew!!

Have a wonderful evening! Later, friends!!

10 comments:

  1. Cool blog, Aunt Sarah! I have an idea what you can do! Make me a quilt! I'd really love one for my birthday. hint hint! ;D Good luck with keeping your New Year's Resolution! I wish I had this much dedication! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. three and half years ago....look how much you've accomplished!! Love that you niece was the first to comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sarah! I enjoyed reading that first post of yours. Did you make a quilt for your niece? lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found your first posting from Val's blog. Wow Sarah you sure gained a lot of followers in just 4 years of blogging. I am impressed. So you really have come a long way baby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've arrived here via Val's blog, although I have blurked before ;-) Did you ever make that trip around the world quilt?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Although I follow your blog and read your posts often, I hadn't ever read this first post before. Now I know where your blog name comes from. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fun beginning, and I love seeing how far you have come.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there...love this idea of Val's...hope I can visit AND comment on all of the blogs!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!