Thursday, July 15, 2010

Christmas in July Blitz #3

Hi, all!

Made it!  I finished the two sets of blocks for the Simple Sampler Quilt-Along just this morning - I amazed eight little grade-school girls with my sewing prowess when they saw what I had finished just before they came in for sewing class!  I didn't think I was going to make it this week but here they are!


Those are the blocks for the first set of fabrics I started with.  Here's the blocks for the second set:


I'm loving the way both of these are turning out!  Can't wait to see what the next four weeks will bring!

So that's what I've been working on for Christmas presents this week, and I'm linking up with Shannon over at Monkey Dog Quilts - go see what everyone's been working on!  How about you?  Are you getting ready for Christmas yet?

Later!

Sarah


4 comments:

  1. I'm loving the way your sampler quilt-alongs are coming together. I especially like the oranges and blues in the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilts are gorgjus!!!! I love the fabrics and your center of the log cabin...just to die for!!!

    hugz,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blocks look great! I especially like the fussy cut center of the blue/brown log cabin block.

    Is Mt. Juliet somewhere near Nashville? I am in TN too, but in the southern middle part. Nice to "meet" you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of your fabric choices! These quilts are going to be beautiful when they are finished. It sounds like you had a fun sewing class with the girls!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!