Friday, July 2, 2010

A Lush Sew & Tell Friday - at the End of a Busy Week!


Hi, all!

Well, it's been a busy week - and a good one for mail!  Here's what I've done this week:

1.  I quilted my friend Wendy's gorgeous antique bow tie quilt top, and now I've only got to hand sew the binding!  Hopefully I can deliver this within the next week!



I wanted to have this finished for sew and tell, but it just didn't work out - my husband is putting down a new hardwood floor in our living room and I've been helping with that all day, plus it just seems like a good time to paint the living room, with the furniture moved out and the baseboards and door frames off...... you probably know how home repairs seem to snowball on you....

2.  I made a pair of quilts for a newborn set of twins, a boy and a girl, as part of our church's quilt ministry.  Many thanks to Beth at Love Laugh Quilt for the inspiration for this 
quilt pattern!  These are flannel on the front, fleece on the back, with no batting.  I used free motion quilting each of them in just a meandering pattern, then bound them with narrow cotton binding.  They are so soft and cuddly, and just the right size for newborns!



3.  I made the next two squares in the Simple Sampler Quilt Along in my first choice of fabric.  


I've also picked out a second set of fabric to do another one.



4.  I made some more striped blocks for Beth's Striped Challenge.....   I'm counting the block above from the Simple Sampler, plus this one made from hexies (not quite finished, but you can get the general idea!)  I did this in the van on Thursday as my husband and I took twenty senior citizens to lunch and a play two hours away - gotta love those hexies!!


Now, as far as mail goes, I had a great week!  I got the first set of blocks for my quilt in the Bee Splendid quilting bee....
  

and I got a packet of striped fabric that I won from Beth at Love Laugh Quilt!


But maybe the neatest thing I got in the mail, I didn't take a picture of - but I'll tell you about it!  Monday night about 9 pm I was playing around on the computer, and when I checked my e-mail I found one from Burgundy Buttons mentioning a new line of fabric coming out.  I went to the site and checked it out, ordered a charm pack and a honey bun in a different line that was on sale.  By 9:20 pm I had an e-mail saying that my order had shipped!  And Wednesday morning, there they were in my mailbox!  Now that is great service!  I can't recommend them highly enough - if you haven't visited Burgundy Buttons, check them out!!

And then today, I checked my e-mail and found out that I had won a beautiful print from Amariah Rauscher!  She has a great blog with some lovely artwork - you ought to check her out!!  Thanks, Amariah!!  You made my day!

So now I'm going to link up to Amy's Sew & Tell Friday and Andrea's Lush Friday - go check them out and see what everyone's been up to!!

Later!

Sarah

8 comments:

  1. Wow, even without finishing that first quilt you've had a busy week! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sew productive! I love the pink hex flower. Thanks for sharing. Happy Sewing! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my God, And I thought I had a busy week. How did you pack all that in to one week. Lovely to win on a giveaway too. thats so much for joining up to lush friday,please come back soon again!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Sarah, your hands must have never stopped moving all week! I'm always impressed by your productivity. Nice looking projects and plans! I like that bow tie quilt with the bright yellow backing and happy binding.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My word, have you been a busy bee!! So many pretty things accomplished. That makes a quilter feel good, does it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a great collection of projects! THose baby quilts are adorable and I am sure they will be apreciated! .. Love the look of those stripes in the hexies! And I so agree about BB! I have been thrilled with every order from them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the twin quilts - well done. thanks for visiting my blog!♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK, you've been way too busy this week ;-) Great projects!!! Love those hexies. Thanks for sharing all your projects and pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!