Monday has rolled around again! Let's see how I did on last week's list.....
1. Work on the reclamation of a quilt from this pile of fabric pieces gleaned from my friend Kim's much loved and very tattered quilt. She wanted to save as much as possible, so I'm going to try to make coin strips from these. Done! You can see my blog post about this quilt here if you want to read more about the story. It's a good one!
2. Make my Simple Sampler blocks for both quilts this week. Done!
3. Start on the HSTs for Karrie Lyne's Charm Pack Quilt Along. I've made 36 of these so far - they just need squaring up!
4. Work on striped blocks - really!! Sunday was a productive afternoon - I've got the flimsy almost finished!
5. Work on reducing my scrap box to neat piles of fat quarters, 5" squares, 2.5" squares, and 2.5" strips. I'm working on this, cutting down every bit of scrap as I cut for quilts. I still haven't broken into the scrap bin, but at least I haven't added to it this week!
6. Start on my Fresh Cottons quilt. Not yet! Those precuts are still sitting there, staring at me, wishing they could become a quilt....... oh well!
This week will have to be a bit easier - my nieces are coming to visit on Tuesday and staying until Saturday, so I won't have as much time to sew as usual! But here's what I want to get done....
1. Finish the striped quilt flimsy. I'm going to call this one Stripes On Point - at least for a working title! I think another hour of work will see this finished....
2. Assemble fabric for another Jacob's Ladder quilt for the quilt ministry. I found out today another person needs a quilt!
3. Make my Simple Sampler blocks for this week!
4. Continue with the Giant Pincushion Sew Along!
5. Take my nieces fabric hunting! I need to make a quilt for my younger niece, and I want her to ooh and aah over fabric for me so I know what she'd really like!
That's enough for this week - I'll be lucky if I get that much done! But it's always good to set your sights high.....