Friday, July 30, 2010

Sew&Tell Friday - Not quite finished, but fun!

Hi, all!

Sew & Tell Friday has rolled around once again!  I've had company this week - my nieces have been here to visit - so not much finishing has gone on around here....  I've started working on a scrappy version of Karrie Lyne's Random Reflections quilt, but it's not far enough along for any pics.  But I do have a flimsy to show off, plus my niece has started a quilt!  I'm excited for her - it's her first, and she's already planning her second!  So without further ado, here are some pictures....

First, the flimsy...


This quilt is the end result of Beth's Striped Challenge, which challenged her fellow quilters to make something with stripes this summer.  Luckily, I won her lovely giveaway fabric, so I had some great stripes to work with.  I fully intended to make some intricate blocks, but there never seemed to be the time to create more than one block.  I finally decided to do just a simple patchwork with the stripes, alternating the direction of the stripes.  Then it occurred to me to put it on point, for more visual interest.  I just love this quilt!  My hubby says it looks like boating signal flags, so I'm calling it "Sail On".  I'm working on two quilts for our quilt ministry right now, but as soon as I finish them I hope to get this quilted....

Now on to my niece Heather - here she is, with her quilt blocks in all their glory.....


Her first quilt is made in a disappearing nine-patch pattern, using scrappy fabrics from my stash.  It's going to be so bright and cheerful!  She is also finish-challenged (she takes after her aunt!) so I told her that I would quilt it for her once she finished piecing the top.  She leaves Saturday morning - will she get it pieced before she leaves?????

Now I have some new pictures of the Lillibug!  She decided she needed some new shoes this week - take a look at her terrific choice!


And the funniest thing is that both my nieces and I all grabbed our cell phones to take a picture!


And here's the Bug enjoying time with her (grand)Poppa!  She had a very good day, getting to see her Poppa both first thing in the morning and again at dinnertime - lots of time to play with a new and unsuspecting play buddy!

And last, but certainly not least, one of my quilts is being featured on QuiltStory today!  Stop by their blog and check it out!!  It's a wonderful place to be reminded of why we quilt.......










Be sure to check out all the fabulous finishes on Amy's Sew&Tell Friday and Andrea's Lush Friday!  Thanks for stopping by!  Come again!!

Sarah

BY THE WAY:  Be sure to check out Stash Manicure's August giveaway - it's a goodie!!!

9 comments:

  1. Your quilt is great! :o)
    And what a little cutie patootie! :o)
    Love the shoes!
    Sincerely ~ Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, first, Lilli's new shoes just cracked me up! Your striped challenge quilt top turned out very nice. I like the on point setting, and the name. Great idea to do a disappearing 9-patch with your niece. It's looking good! And that's a lovely Quilt Story feature too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, those shoes are a hoot! :o) You're quilt it looking great. What is a disappearing 9-patch? Congrats on your QuiltStory feature! Thanks for sharing. Happy Sewing! :o)

    http://www.seamsinspired.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, there's alot going on at your house. Just love those 'shoes'! and the excitement of the first quilt! Glad you are having fun with family. Stitching can wait when you've got such great entertainment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So your nieces caught the quilting bug in your house. hahaha the shoes. Always need to have a camera on standby when there's a little one around.Am pretty sure pops likes to come home to all the fub too. Thanks for linking up to lush friday. Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post ... thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The striped quilt is turning out wonderfully! I always like the fact that even if the blocks are simple, using wonderful fabrics makes the quilt fabulous!

    Congrats to your niece on tackling her first quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so fun working with a new quilter!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your quilt top, its gorgeous...and I have a soft-spot for the disappearing nine patch, I love that your niece is making it!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!