It's Monday again! Where did the week go? I was so busy last week with my nieces that I didn't have a whole lot of time to sew, at least on my stuff! Let's see how I did on last week's list......
1. Finish the striped quilt flimsy. I'm going to call this one Stripes On Point - at least for a working title! I think another hour of work will see this finished.... I finished the flimsy and I've renamed it Sail On. My husband thinks it looks like boating signal flags!
2. Assemble fabric for another Jacob's Ladder quilt for the quilt ministry. I found out today another person needs a quilt! I ended up assembling a scrappy version of Karrie Lyne's Random Reflections, and I've finished the flimsy and a backing.
3. Make my Simple Sampler blocks for this week! I didn't get to this one - I kind of lost Amy's blog for a while, and just never got to these!
4. Continue with the Giant Pincushion Sew Along! I've actually finished piecing my pincushion (I got antsy waiting for directions and decided to try to figure it out for myself!) and now I need to go to the store to get crushed walnut shells to stuff it with. I want to make more of these - they're great for working on at night while watching TV!
5. Take my nieces fabric hunting! I need to make a quilt for my younger niece, and I want her to ooh and aah over fabric for me so I know what she'd really like! Done! She gave me some great direction on fabric, and some little bits of direction on the style of quilt - she's not real fond of modern quilts, so I'll need to do some looking around! And be sure to take a look at what my niece worked on (I helped, so it took up time I should have been doing something else..... that's my story and I'm sticking to it!)
Okay, I need to do better this week! So here's what I want to get done....
1. Quilt and bind the scrappy Random Reflections quilt for the quilt ministry.
2. Do two weeks of blocks for the Simple Sampler Quilt Along.
3. Piece Mary's Drunken Love blocks for Bee Splendid.
4. Wave my magic wand over the boxes of fabric donations I received last week in the hope that they will shelve themselves! (Or get to work on shelving/sorting those lovely fabrics!)
5. Piece a back for my Sail On quilt.
That's enough for the week - because in the midst of all this, we are having a no-holds-barred, all out frontal assault on potty training this week! I have to give props to the lady who potty-trained my daughter, Miss Martha. I don't even remember her last name, but I do know and admit that I know absolutely nothing about potty training now, because she did such an excellent job with my daughter 25 years ago! But Lilli starts "school" in two weeks, and we are going all out to try to get her out of diapers by then. She understands the concept, she's just "too busy" to be bothered right now! But she made it through the day today without an accident, so there's hope..... Wish us luck!