Friday, August 26, 2011

Can I get a Whoop-Whoop?? 'Tis the Season...

Hi, all!


It's finally Friday!  Woohoo!!  As you read this, I'm in Atlanta laying siege to the IKEA store - or attending the premier of Courageous, if it's Friday night.  But I did manage to get a little bit done this week....


 I finished this flimsy, made by Kate Conklin's great "Scattered Showers" pattern.  I had six fat quarters of Anthology fabrics that I picked up in Virginia, and some Kona Ash.  I think it makes a nice pairing!




I also started a simple Christmas quilt, using up some of my monster stash of Christmas fabrics (I think they reproduce when I'm not looking!)  This pattern was on Moda Bake Shop last week - called "Road to Tennessee".  I've got 1/4 of it done, shown above.  Both of these quilts will be part of a silent auction to benefit Lantern Lane Farms, a non-profit run by some friends of ours who provide counseling services.  I have to have both done by September 11th - eek!  Better get a move on!!


**************

And just because they're cute, I wanted to share these pics with you - - - 



Lilli discovered her great-great-grandmother's stereopticon (for those of you who don't know, it's an old-time Viewmaster!) and has been having a ball looking at all the old pictures.  She tells me everything she sees in them, and only lets me look after she's finished with one!  It's so nice to see her appreciate old things, as well as my iPod!

So that's my whoop whoop for the week!  What have you been working on?  Do share with the rest of us so we can cheer you on!!  Remember, you have until Saturday at midnight to link up....

Hugs!

Sarah


10 comments:

  1. Funny your title is Tis the Season, because my only finish is my Santa Sack. Finishes have rather eluded me of late. Love your 'Scattered Shadows' quilt. Look how grown up Miss Lily is becoming!! Oh, I remember viewing my great grans and being in such wonder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Scattered Showers pattern -- and the old Viewmaster brings me back to my childhood at Nana's. Great Post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A stereopticon, how fun is that!!! And I loved my View Master -- I used to get the ones with travel pictures, and dream of places I'd go....

    Where today's linky, Sarah?

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! What an adorable little girl she is!!!
    Love the quilts, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scattered Showers is beautiful Sarah!!!

    Lilli is adorabl as usual with those piggie tails or what have you;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love BOTh of those quilts. The patterns you chose are perfect for the fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the way that Kona ash looks as a background. And that stereopticon is just beyond cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sarah ! Thanks for the idea for a Christmas Quilt ! It look so different from the MBS tutorial ! LOVE IT !! Love that cute little Lillie and your other quilt is AWESOME TOO ! whoopdy whoop for you !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I love that Scattered Showers quilt! Such cute pictures of Lilli engrossed with the stereopticon! I would be too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE the scattered showers quilt - I'm off to look for the pattern!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!