Once again, the week slipped away from me! I did a lot of housecleaning, totally against my will - I think I was possessed for a while! - but I'm hoping that's all out of my system now!
Let's see how I did on last week's list...
1. Make a back for Lilli's quilt! (Yes, really!)
Oh, really not! Once again, it didn't get done...
2. Quilt at least two more ministry quilts.
My Juki is being temperamental - I quilted two, and
almost finished a third, but then the Juki started skipping
stitches - I need to pick up some more needles to see
if that fixes the problem, if not then it's off to call
the house-call machine doctor!
|Here's one of the quilts - I haven't taken a pic of the other yet....|
3. Hand-sew the binding on two ministry quilts.
4. Make backs (or con someone else into making backs)
for the eight ministry quilt tops that are ready for quilting!
We got backs put together for four of the eight quilt tops...
5. Sort through and cut down at least one tub of scraps.
Didn't get to this one at all...
But we had requests for four quilts this week - one for a young man who was in a terrible motorcycle accident, and three for a family who unexpectedly lost their wife and mother, also in a motorcycle accident. The quilt for the young man is the one on the frame with the broken Juki; we will be using one of our finished quilts (that we just needed God to tell us the address for!) for the daughter of the family, I'm piecing a top for the son, and my friend Cindy is piecing a top for the husband. Busy week!
So what's on tap for this week?
1. Finish piecing the top for the son.
2. Finish quilting the top for the young man in the motorcycle accident.
3. Bind the top after finishing it.
4. Fix the Juki, or have the repairman come out.
5. Try to get Lilli's quilt back done!
(Maybe if I'm a little more humble, it'll get done....)
That's certainly enough to keep me busy! I hope I can get this much done - my nieces are here until Tuesday, so I might not - but it's worth a shot! We're having a lovely visit, though - it's so nice to see them!
So - what are you working on this week?