Monday, August 29, 2011

Make-A-List Monday #62! I Make Plans, and God Just Laughs!



Hi, all!


Well, we had a great weekend in Atlanta attending the Courageous movie premiere! I got to eat at Aunty Pitty Pat's Porch - absolutely awesome world famous fried chicken!!  And Friday morning we went to IKEA - I got some great fabric and found some interesting things that might be usable for quilting.  I'll be sharing those with you later this week.  Neat stuff!


But now on to the list part of this post.  How did I do on last week's list?



1.  Get Lilli's quilt sandwiched and ready to start quilting.
(Good car handiwork while we drive to Atlanta!)
Done!  Here's a sneak peek at the quilting...



I'm really loving hand quilting - what a surprise!

2.  Piece a back for the first non-profit auction quilt.
Well, I didn't get it pieced, but I did pick up a piece of 
Kona Coal for the back today, and a Michael Miller print 
for the binding!  Look how pretty!



3.  Piece the top of the second non-profit auction quilt.
I didn't get to this, and if things don't change dramatically 
with the quilt ministry needs, I may not get this one done...

4.  Get at least one quilt for the quilt ministry on the frame
 and quilt it!

Well, I didn't get it on the frame - I straight line quilted it - 
but this one is finished!

Don't you love that backing?

And I got another flimsy quilted today - pics on the ministry update post (which I think I'm moving to Wednesdays!) 

So what's up for this week?

1. Bind the latest quilted ministry quilt.

2.  Quilt the third ministry quilt for the family that lost their wife and mother unexpectedly.

3.  Quilt a ministry quilt for a husband and wife going through a difficult time.

4.  Sandwich the quilt for the silent auction.  
I think I'm going to hand quilt this one, too!

5.  Make my bee block for August 
(preferably before August is over!)

6.  Make a sample top for 100 Quilts For Kids!

A ridiculously ambitious list - but I really need to get all this done this week!  So I'll keep plugging away at it and hope to get most of it done.

-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-

And now - drumroll, please........

Saturday night we went over to our daughter's house for dinner...

Lilli met us at the door, and directed us to read her shirt....

which said.....

Big Sis!

Looks like I'm going to a Nana again, in early April!!

Woohoo!!!!

Hope your week is going as well as mine is so far!   What are you working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah


PS Be sure to check out the giveaway and great tutorial over at Lucky Duck Dreams today!!

14 comments:

  1. Congratulations! What a fun way to tell you the happy news!

    You got a lot done, girl! Now I have to go back and read whatever I missed about this premiere, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the new grandbaby! How fun!
    The quilts are great too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo - so exciting!!! I know y'all must be so excited. The hand-quilting on Lilli's quilt is gorgeous! I know she'll just love her quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww....a nana again. How sweet. Squeal!!!

    Love all the work you got done, and adore that backing! Is that some IKEA fabric that was used for the backing? It sa-weet!

    Wish I had known you were over here in Atlanta. It would have been great to put a face with a name!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will have to look up Aunt Pitty Pats Porch next time we are there. We went to Chicken and Waffles last time we were up there. We also went to IKEA, how come I didn't see any fabric?? I wonder if my hubby seen it, and steered me in a dfferent direction? Will have to go again next time as well. Maybe we could get a huge group of quilting bloggers to all go and meet up, now that would be really cool too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, that's great news, Sarah. Congrats. How exciting for you and for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great news! Congratulations to all:)

    The quilting on Lilli's quilt is wonderful! I'm glad you're enjoying the process.

    The fabrics at Ikea in Denver were very reasonable priced, but I had no room in my suitcase! Probably a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations all around!!!!!! And I love that quilt backing…. ;-) (did you take that picture on purpose????). If so it worked and makes me want to send more!!! Everything is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love Lilli's quilt. And a new grandbaby how exciting!!! You have been very busy. The Kona Coal is going to look great on the back of the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on the new granddaughter. Grand children are just so precious..Blessings Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on the new grand baby! I'm glad you're enjoying hand quilting. Who knew? =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! That's such a cute way to tell you the news! And the hand quilting on Lilli's quilt is gorgeous and it's great hat you are enjoying it because I think it can get tedious! Sometimes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. congrats...except that really messes up your toddlerless Tuesdays. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  14. congrats on being a grandma again...there's nothing like those grandkids to make you smile.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!