Tuesday, August 23, 2011

What's Cookin' at The Sweatshop, Week #5


Hi, all!


Well, I completely missed The Sweatshop's report last week - so sorry!  I'll try to get back in the swing of regular posting soon....


So what have we been working on for the past two weeks?  





This pretty quilt, which I think should be called "Almost Amish", went to a homebound lady that one of our ministry quilters helps out during the week.  She loves red, and this quilt has such pretty pops of red on the front, and a totally red back.  It made her day!!  The top was pieced and donated by the lovely Sharon, and I added borders and quilted it.


This quilt, also pieced by Sharon, found a home this week with a blog friend of quilt ministry member Kelley.  Her friend was recently diagnosed with breast cancer and Kelley thought a quilt would brighten up her day a little.  I love the little note Kelley's friend sent to her...



Kelley-
Your AMAZING church sent me an amazing quilt!!  I am in awe- of 1- they can sew!! LOL and 2- how completely and utterly generous that was!!
I don't know how I will ever pay it forward when this is all over!  Thank YOU SO VERY MUCH for the support and love!!!!!
<3 




I've still got a stack of quilts to get on the frame - I just hope my Juki cooperates!!  I'm a little afraid to give it a try, but I need to bite the bullet and do it - we've had five new requests for quilts just this week!


So next week, hopefully I'll be able to say that Tillie was her usual wonderful self on the quilting frame, and we've got lots more quilts all ready to go to their new homes!!


One more thing before I go - be sure to check out Kate's blog, Swim Bike Quilt, for information about this year's 100 Quilts For Kids charity challenge.  It's a great cause, and the quilts go to the charity of your choice in your area!


Hugs!


Sarah







9 comments:

  1. I was that way when my Juki when on the outs. I just hated to even try it again. But you have too. Get back up there and quilt. YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, I love that first quilt. So bright and cheery. My sister just told me that she wants a bright quilt with black background. But I can wait to make it until I make one for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to see the quilts done and on to homes - thank you for your part in doing this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's great to hear that Sharon's beautiful quilts when to people who will benefit from their warm hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The 'Almost Amish' quilt is beautiful! Aren't quilters just the nicest people??

    ReplyDelete
  6. You amaze me girl! The quilts are beautiful as always and good for you keeping busy! Sending love...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Almost Amish - I love it, the name and the quilt! Beautiful quilt for Friend of Kelley too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both are gorgeous quilts! Way to go Quilt Ministry ladies. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the Almost Amish. The black with the jewel tones is perfect. The black, white and red is pretty great also. You and your quilt ministry ladies are awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!