Friday, November 2, 2012

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? Let's Hear It For Krista!

Hi, all!

Here it is Friday again - are you ready to get your whoop whoop on?  I sure am!  I haven't done a whole lot this week except for putting stuff away from the Great Junk Room Muck-Out - and that doesn't make for great pictures.  But I did quilt a top for a new friend that I want to share with you!!



Krista is a friend of my niece's - and I'm happy to say, a new friend of mine!  She pieced this amazing quilt top for her mother-in-law, using 'Bama fabrics - a true hardship for her, since she's not a 'Bama fan herself!  



My niece asked if I would be willing to quilt it for Krista, and of course I said yes!  Krista did a great job of piecing this - nice and flat and beautifully pressed!  It quilted up like a dream..



I used a pretty double loop random meander on this, which is very simple but looks really elegant.  It fit in very well with the fabrics Krista used - lots of girly swirly prints.



She even managed to find some 'Bama fabric for the back, too.  She says it will make her mother-in-law very happy - and isn't that a great reason to make a quilt?  Whoop whoop for Krista!!!


*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

And now it's your turn!

What's made you dance a happy dance this week?


Share with us - we want to cheer right along with you!

The linky party will stay open until Sunday midnight...

Hugs!

Sarah




12 comments:

  1. Whoop whoop for Krista's Quilt and whoop whoop for your double loop quilting! It looks great, I will have to try that myself :o) Have a nice weekend, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt and the quilting both look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a Bama fan either, but I love the red with the black and white. What a great "random" pattern of blocks she put together, too. Nice job on the piecing and the quilting! I'm not linking up this week because I don't have a finish, but I still had to stop by to see what everyone else is working on :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am always drawn to a black, white and red quilt. Don't know what it is about them. Love your quilting too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a wonderful choice of colors for someone who doesn't like Bama. I would rather have Moda but everyone likes something different and it is so nice to keep mother-in-law happy around the holidays when there is so much time spent with family. You did a great job of quilting it. Good luck and HAPPY QUILTING

    ReplyDelete
  6. Quilting for others is what it's ALL about! Great quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful quilt and your quilting tops it off! I love black, white and any color together so this is right up my alley.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know anything about 'Bama, but I love the colors in Krista's quilt!

    I am "hiding" my two finishes on Flickr because they're Christmas presents for friends who say they won't peek over there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OK, I am NOT a Roll-Tide gal, but that's a really terrific quilt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the quilting you did on the quilt! Really fun and elegant at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the double loop random meander quilting! I am trying this on practice pieces. Mine looks ok but do you have any tips?

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!