Monday, May 20, 2013

Make-A-List Monday - So Much To Do!!



Hi, all!

First of all, let me tell you that I am still reeling from the devastation that I've seen on CNN of the Oklahoma City tornado site.  A million thoughts are running through my mind about how I can best help out in this situation - I've seen one group making memorial quilts for the teachers at the schools, but I have a feeling that there will be many families left homeless and belonging-less.  Those numbers will probably be out in the next day or so, as the search for survivors reaches a conclusion.  If anyone else is interested in helping organize some type of quilt drive for those families, or knows of one already established, please let me know! You can leave a comment below or email me directly at salliesue (at) clearwire (dot) net.

Now let's see how I did on last week's list...


1.  Pull together my sewing studio and Lilli's craft room.
Done!  Well, as well as it's going to be for now - I've got lots of sewing to do!!





2.  Clean out and re-organize the garage.
Done!!  It looks so good!!




3.  Bake lots of goodies for Lantern Lane Farms.
Done!  3 dozen muffins, a Derby pie, a loaf of banana/chocolate chip bread, a loaf of peasant bread, and a three-layer deep chocolate cake with whipped cream/cream cheese icing!

4.  Make a ministry quilt for a woman with cancer.
I didn't get to this one, but I did find one finished in the quilt room for this woman.

5.  Write a Sweatshop blogpost.
Done!  If you missed it, you can read it here.

6.  Write my Blogger's Quilt Festival post.
Also done!  If you missed it, you can read it here.

7.  Photograph and list new items for the Etsy shop.
Didn't get to this one...

So pretty much, a week with no sewing, at least until Saturday afternoon, when I quilted three quilts for the ministry, and put binding on one of them on Sunday so it could go to its recipient today.  


We had a whole bunch of quilt requests come in toward the end of the week. So here's what I need to do this week!

1.  Quilt the Drunkard's Path on the frame for the ministry.

2.  Bind two girls quilts for the ministry.

3.  Bind a woman's quilt for ministry.

4.  Quilt two H2H quilts.

5.  Complete three tops for Quilts Beyond Borders.

6.  Quilt the three QBB quilts.

7.  Work out a response for the Oklahoma City tornado victims.

8.  Photograph and list new items for the Etsy shop.

So that's what I'll be working on this week.  It's certainly enough to keep me out of trouble!!!

And just for fun, take a look at this video - my cute littlest granddaughter - she's growing up so fast!!  Guaranteed to make you smile....



And now the question is - - - what are you working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah

10 comments:

  1. My Project Linus contact is out of OKC. Right now, they are collecting at a local quilt store (which I suppose you non-Oklahomans could mail to - Beth's Quilt Shop in Blanchard) with the plan to distribute as soon as they know where the need is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your video did make me smile. OKC is in our prayers. My family is in Tulsa and I'm constantly worried this time of year.
    I'm working on my H2H quilt and staining decks on the house this week.
    Good luck on that long list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at how productive you are! I plan to sort/clean sewing studio as well as garage this weekend.

    You may know, we are in N. Texas, about 2 hours from the OK storms. I watched the storms live on the news with horror as the helecopter pilot described the area he lived in as it was getting hit, and the schools we all hoped it had zigged zagged around. I will keep my ears open for any quilt donations here in Dallas area ... I know a group just completed quilts for West so they may well transition to Moore.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your grandgirl sure is cute, and did make me smile - thank you. This week I'm working on the second H2H by day, and a dolly hexie for Mrs. Claus during the evenings.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those poor,poor people in OK. Such a horrible storm. You just never know when your life is gonna be turned upside down. It really makes me count my blessings and pray for the ones that are struggling right now in OK.

    Lilli HAS grown so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read about this on FB this morning....

    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151419722971641&set=a.388067856640.161515.381510001640&type=1

    ReplyDelete
  7. http://www.okcmqg.com/2013/05/oklahoma-tornado-relief.html
    Saw this on facebook. The Oklahoma City modern quilt guild posted about quilts.

    Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aren't you just the luckiest grandma! She's a cutie for sure.

    Bonnie Hunter posted on her blog of a quilt store in Oklahoma that organized a quilt drive. Here's the link to Bonnie's blog about it:
    http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2013/05/quilts-for-oklahoma.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. BTW, one item on your weekly today would take me a month. So this week it is to work on my son and DDIL's wedding quilt for 4/7 nights and write in my blog 4 times. That would probably take you 1 night! You're so energetic and I'm glad someone is! I'm laid back, sort of like laying on the floor looking up at the ceiling.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You so inspire me time and time again Sarah...love your organization ..

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!