Well, it's been an exciting week, and a very exciting day! I opened up my email this morning to find a message from Pete Spain - Kate's husband - saying that I had won Kate's Third Day of Christmas giveaway!! Look at all this great loot…
A full apron, a half apron, potholders and kitchen towels in Kate's Seaside pattern! Woohoo! I have some Kate Spain kitchen towels that I have just about worn out, so it will be really fun to have something new for the kitchen. Kate's doing a Twelve Days of Christmas series of giveaways - you ought to go to her blog and check it out!!
But here's the best part - you can get a great deal on some of Kate's great stuff even if you don't win! Because there was a PS at the end of my email that said….
P.S. In case there's anyone you know who might be interested in colorful pillows, flatweave rugs (tufted rugs are coming in early 2014), aprons, table runners, dishtowels, etc., featuring Kate's designs, we'd be happy to offer you and any of your friends 25% off through the end of the year on any/all purchases at shopkatespain.com. The mechanics: At checkout, the "Your cart" screen appears. Just below the cart items, there's a field to enter a "Coupon Code." Just key in: FabAd25 and apply the 25%-off discount.
So head over to Kate's shop and get some great stuff for gifts or yourself - that's a fabulous deal they're offering! I'll be checking to see if there's anything else that catches my eye - - - who am I kidding? I love Kate's stuff and may have to mortgage my house! By the way, I'm not receiving any compensation for this post from Kate - she's so sweet and always one of the first to respond to requests for sponsorship for my charity events, it seems the least I can do to introduce folks to her great stuff!
And now for the Traveling Stash giveaway! Imagine my surprise when I found out I had won another Traveling Stash - they are so much fun to get and go through! And now it's your turn. Here's what I took from the box…
|Some fabric, charm squares, a pattern, and a pounce pad for quilting.|
Here's what's left…..
|Magazines and patterns...|
|Lots of fabric...|
|Some cross-stitch goodies and DMC floss...|
|And a few random notions and books!|
And here's what I added back in!
|Some IKEA backing fabric, four yard+ cuts of flannel in two different colors, a quilt pattern, and a dolly pattern.|
And now it's your chance to get in on the fun. You can have up to three chances to win this great box of surprises. Here's how…
1. Leave a comment telling me what you're working on this week!
2. Leave another comment if you are already a follower, or if you've just signed up to be one.
3. And if you go over to Kate's shop site, leave me a comment telling me what you'd put on your Christmas wish list from her shop.
Easy peasy! I'll draw a winner and announce it this Friday, December 6th in my Whoop Whoop post - giving someone else something fun to whoop about!!
And now, finally, here's how I did on last week's list…
1. Help clean out my MIL's sewing room and other stuff in the house.
Done! We did a huge amount of cleaning and tossing, and I brought home a huge pile of fabric and supplies for the quilt ministry.
2. Make it home despite the incoming winter storm!
Done! We came home a day early and had to travel through rain, but at least it wasn't snowing or icy!
3. Finish those butcher's aprons.
Done! And wouldn't you know, I forgot to take a picture! But I'm happy to say that all the parts of this commission job - the repaired antique quilt and the aprons - are finished and delivered!
4. Come up with a Dirty Santa gift for a Christmas party this coming Saturday morning.
Done! I ended up giving away one of my Dresden plate butcher aprons - it was a big hit!
5. Decorate the house for Christmas in anticipation of two Christmas parties there this weekend!
Done - and everything went great at both parties!
6. Get supplies for a knitting project/gift idea I want to try out.
Done! Now I just need time to work on it...
7. Take care of any ministry needs that arise.
Fortunately, no needs came up while I was gone - a minor miracle!
And here's what's on my agenda for this week…
1. Quilt a ministry quilt for a young woman with breast cancer.
2. Quilt a ministry quilt for a woman who just had a hip replacement.
3. Quilt two quilts for a friend to give as Christmas gifts.
4. Make five Christmas stockings (commission job).
5. Make a back for Emmy's quilt.
6. Make a back for Lilli's quilt.
7. Keep up with any other ministry needs that arise.
And I think that's quite enough to keep me busy this week! Now I'm off to Kate's site to see what else I can find to deck my halls with…
And the only question now is - - - what are YOU working on this week?