Friday, January 30, 2015

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? Interlocking Stars!

Hi, all!

It's Friday!  Hooray!  It's time to do a little whooping, and a little dancing!  Are you ready?


Sunshine!  I rushed outside to take pics of this week's quilt, but I was afraid I'd have a hard time with the wind!


Fortunately, it died down a bit and I was able to get some pretty pics!


Isn't this a pretty quilt?  Bright and sunshine-y, just like the day!


Lots and lots and lots (and lots and lots) of straight line quilting on this one.  Probably nine hours sitting at my Juki pushing the quilt through...


But look at that texture!  It was so worth it!


Here's the back - and no, it's not pink.  That's just the sun (yes, that strange yellow ball in the sky) peeking through!  


And even though there's a ton of quilting on this quilt, it's so-o-o-o soft and drapey!  Definitely a cuddler!


And here's one more picture, just because it's so stinkin' pretty! This one really makes me smile!

As you may already know, we're having another quilt raffle/giveaway to raise money for my daughter's adoption fund.  There's still time to enter - it ends Thursday, February 5th at 5 pm CST.  I will be adding a quilt each time we reach a $500 increment, and if we get that far, this will be the third quilt added! You can read more about the quilt raffle/giveaway here.  Help us #bringNathanaelhome!

AND… Have you seen Christina Cameli's new book, Step-By-Step Free Motion Quilting?  I'm giving away a copy!  I've reviewed the book and given a few sneak peeks, too.  Click here to get to the post so you can enter.  Entries will close Monday February 2nd at noon CST, and I'll announce the winner in my Make-A-List post later that day!

So…. Can I get a whoop whoop??

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

Now it's your turn!

What's got you dancing the happy dance this week?


What's making you whoop it up?

Share - we want to dance right along with you!
And it's always more fun to dance with friends!

The party will stay open until Sunday at midnight -

Hope to see you here!

Hugs!

Sarah

PS!  Want to know how to make this quilt for yourself?  Check back on Sunday - this will be the next quilt featured on the Sweet Sixteen Quilt Along!

31 comments:

  1. I really!!!!! like this one Sarah. Can't wait for the pattern release as this one has to be done for H2H - I think I can even get my SIL to do this one along with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is beautiful! Your quilting is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your right that is one happy quilt! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this one! It's so pretty and happy. I'm doing straight line quilting all day today, hopefully not nine hours, but you're so right the texture is always so amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The stars actually vibrate....wonderful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh you KNOW I would love this one and I really do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this quilt! Can't wait for the pattern. It looks easy enough for a beginner like me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. DItto...I can't wait for the pattern too! Love the large statement but simplicity of piecing it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all that close quilting making great texture. And I would call it fun 9 hours. Nothing to dread!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whoop-whoop and a Whoopity-whoop! :) That is a bright and beautiful quilt, Sarah! Love the quilting too. You need to treat yourself as a reward for all that straight-line work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You said it, Sarah - bright and sunshin-y! Love this quilt and the way you quilted it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love every single thing about this quilt Sarah: Fabrics. Stars. Quilting. Layout. Setting. Every. Single. Thing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like a fun photoshoot and the pics are beautiful! The texture and colors are so pretty - wish I could touch it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this quilt and want to quilt something with these straight lines like you do. Does it leave the quilt feeling on the stiff side?

    I wanted to link up today but my Friday post is a blog hop and I don't feel right to link up to that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sarah - your sunshiney quit is wonderful! The straight line quilting was the perfect choice - I love it! You definitely deserve a Whoop Whoop!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The sunny day is just right for showing off that new quilt. Whoop Whoop, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful location, beautiful day, beautiful quilt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very sweet quilt, and oh, what patience to quilt it! Love the clothesline pics!

    ReplyDelete
  19. WHOOP WHOOP!!!!! You did a marvelous job on this quilt! Love it all! I don't understand why people think that a heavily quilted quilt is always stiff - I haven't found that to be true. I think it is more a function of the batting, not the quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love this quilt! How far apart do you make these lines of quilting?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Whoop! Whoop! Your quilt is terrific. Will be looking forward to the directions. I really want to make this one.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love this quilt!!! Beautiful colors and quillting.

    ReplyDelete
  23. BEAUTIFUL QUILT! Beautifully quilted.
    I see your Sweet 16 Challenge button on soooooo many blogs! LOTS of people in blog land making 16 patch blocks for Hands2Help : )

    ReplyDelete
  24. Everything about this quilt is perfection- from the colors you chose, to the layout, to your quilting. I love it! Also..."the sun"? "strange yellow ball in the sky"? hmm...I'm not sure, but it sounds vaguely familiar. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  25. LOVE LOVE the new quilt!! and your photos are wonderful ~ makes me wish I had a clothesline to hang mine on :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love your starry quilt. Makes me smile. I have yet to make a starry quilt. Hope it can be half as lovely as yours!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!