Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Make-A-List Monday - Oops - Tuesday!

Hi, all!

Sorry about the late post - I was under the weather last night, and couldn't manage to post on time. But I'm fine now, and it's time to review last week's progress and see what's on tap for this week!

Here's the skinny on last week:

1.  Sandwich, quilt and bind the third sample quilt for the quilt along.
Done - finally!  When will I learn that it takes FOREVER to straight line quilt a quilt on my Juki?  But the end result is so worth it - here's a peek.  More on Friday...



2.  Cut and begin sewing the fourth sample quilt.
Done!  My strips are done, and I've started assembling the 16-patch blocks.



3.  Start working on a commission t-shirt quilt.
Not yet. That straight line quilting ate up all my spare time!

4.  Update the Hands2Help page with the new button, charities, and schedule.
Not yet.  Still working on it!

5.  Write the next quilt along post.
Done!  You can see it here - and this was the featured 16-patch quilt! (It's also the second quilt for the adoption fundraiser I'm running right now - it will be added in when we raise $500 in donations.  You can read more about the fundraiser here.)


6.  Keep up with all quilt ministry needs that come up this week.
Done! This quilt went to a lady diagnosed with Stage 4 esophageal cancer… 



This one went to a woman who is partially paralyzed as a result of a rare bacterial illness...




This quilt went to a man who was just diagnosed with pancreatic cancer


…and these fifteen children's quilts went to The Bridge Ministry, a ministry in Nashville that works with homeless people and families.



We als sent a quilt to a man who just lost his wife unexpectedly, but of course, I forgot to take a picture of that one!

So far in January, we've given away 31 quilts - looks like it's going to be a busy year!

And here's what's on the table for this week

1.  Work on the 4th sample quilt for the quilt along.

2.  Update the H2H page.

3. Start contacting sponsors for H2H.

4.  Work on the commission t-shirt quilt.

5.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that arise.

That should keep me busy this week, but something tells me that other things will come up!  At least I won't be bored!

And now the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah

7 comments:

  1. A lot of quilty hug goodness! I have already set aside two items for the H2H for sponsorship.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lifts my heart to see the quilts that went to those in need of a quilt made with love. I just finished choosing and cutting squares for my last row on the Sweet 16 quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the strip squares quilt.... I think I could make one like that.
    Just yesterday, I finished the pink hugs and kisses. I'm quite happy with it. Now I'm working on Sweet 16. Going to do mine a bit differently... putting together strips - well, they are together... next up ironing and cross cutting.
    Thanks for the inspiration.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always such good things going on here. I'm working on another Happy Chemo quilt. Basted it this morning. Now I've got to find time to quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you are a busy girl! Keep up the good work! This week I am working on a some aprons! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to sponsor again this year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have at least one thing I can offer as a sponsor too. I'll take a look to see what else I might have available.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!