Friday, August 26, 2016

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? A Whole Lot of Starts!

Hi, all!

Wow!  It's already Friday again!!  Can you believe it?  Is it just me, or does it seem like the weeks go by faster the closer it gets to fall? Well, whatever, it's time to get our whoop whoop on - are you ready?  I am!  Let's get started...


*&*&*&*&*&*&*

It seems like it's been a period of starts and no finishes for me lately.  First there was this, a test of a pattern I needed to try before cutting into the good stuff...


The pattern is for a table cover, but I'll be turning this one into a tree skirt.  Any interest in a pattern for this?


Next, when I opened my Stash Builder Box for this month, there was a great pattern by @quiltingjetgirl and I couldn't wait to try it out - so I grabbed an old fat quarter bundle and put this together over the weekend.  Great pattern and so fast! I've already got plans for some others to use up some of the random fat quarters I've got hanging around!


And then I finally got this top pieced!  This quilt was started by a member of our quilt ministry who died recently, and her husband asked if someone in the ministry could finish it.  It was fun to make, and I should be able to finish it up soon - I just need to figure out how to quilt it!

I've also been working on some more secret sewing this week, but obviously can't show that off - which is why I've been working on other things too!  Gotta have something to share on whoop whoop Friday!

So - - - can I get a whoop whoop?

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

And now it's your turn!

What's got you whooping it up this week?


What's making you dance a little happy dance?

Share - we want to dance right along with you - 
And it's always more fun to dance with friends!

The party will stay open until Sunday midnight - 
Hope to see you there!

Hugs!

Sarah



18 comments:

  1. Holy Cow! Lots accomplished! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your test pattern is prettier than some of the things I make, LOL. Patter? yes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the quilt top your finished that had been your friends. And your test pattern is great.... yes!!! to the pattern, please. :) I make tree skirts as wedding gifts and this is a beautiful design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The quilt you finished for the member of your ministry is gorgeous. Seeing your tree skirt reminds me I still need to make mine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know how you get so much done. Beautiful String Quilt. I can't wait to see how you quilt it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The string quilt you finished is gorgeous. Rich colors on black look elegant. Missed you on Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. As the year get into it's last quarter, time just seems to fly by. I love all your work - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have been very busy! Love the quilts especially the one for the man that his wife started.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The man you made the special quilt for will treasure it forever. It is beautiful and thoughtfully made. I love your blog hop, it's so fun to read!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahh, Sarah, your work is always so inspiring; a massage for the creative spirit in me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd definitely be interested in a pattern for your Dresden table topper, Sarah! I have yet to try my Dresden template and this would be a great project.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, I'm interested in the Dresden plate block. I need to make a tree skirt also. Love all your work.

    ReplyDelete
  13. yes to a pattern, and those are great quilts

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry I posted twice (Mug Rug with blue basket). First timer here. Don't know how to fix it. Can you help? Thanks for allowing us to share our finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow, I so love that Jewel looking top! Love it! I would love the tree skirt pattern. I need to make one for someone for Christmas and have been putting it off for a while. :) Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well, yes sireeee! Some weeks speed by and I'm shocked to find out its Saturday or Friday. Your test project is delightful. Good for you for finishing the unfinished quilt. I should get back to a couple I'm finishing for someone.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sarah, I always love seeing all that you accomplish! You are an encouragement to me.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!