Wow, it's been an eventful week since last Monday! If you didn't see this post by Rachel over at Stitched in Color, I highly recommend that you give it a read. In light of so many recent changes in the quilting industry lately, it will certainly make you think! I mentioned it in my Whoop Whoop Friday blogpost and received a lot of very thoughtful comments as a result. I'm hoping to take those and also the comments on Rachel's post and study them carefully, looking to see what people like (and don't like!) about blogs and blogging. So take a few minutes and join in the conversation!
But there's lots of other things going on here - like the stuff from last week's list! Let's see how that went...
1. Finish the second t-shirt commission quilt.
Woohoo!!! Done Done Done!!!
2. Meet with a customer about two more t-shirt quilts.
Done! The T-shirts are stashed away, the plans are made, and the background fabrics are ordered.
3. Work on a set of placemats (more commission work).
In progress! These are ready for quilting, as the result of a lot of work today!
4. Work on a rocker cushion and pillow (more commission work!)
Done and delivered! I really love the way these turned out, and hopefully I can get a picture of them on the rocker they were made for soon!
I'm also really excited about the back of that pillow - being too lazy to drag out the sewing machine that does buttonholes, I had the idea to use a man's shirt (with placket) to make the back of the pillow! It worked great, and took just a fraction of the time it would have taken to construct my own placket and stitch the buttonholes!
5. Work on blocks to finish a quilt started by a ministry member who died recently. This quilt will go back to her husband.
In progress! I have finished some of the blocks needed, but this is an ongoing project as I fit it in between other projects...
6. Brainstorm and test ideas for an upcoming (secret) project!
There's a whole lot of brainstorming going on here - and let's just say I did some jumping up and down and squealing when I saw this in my driveway today...
7. Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.
Fortunately, it was a quiet week with no quilt requests. Good thing, too, because Grace (our BlockRockIt) decided to have an "internal sensor error" and had to be shipped back to The Grace Company for some R&R. Keep her in your prayers, please?
So it was a good, productive week last week! There's still lots to do, though, so let's see what's on tap for this week...
1. Finish the placemats.
2. Test a pattern for the secret project.
3. Keep hunting for inspiration and ideas for that secret project!
4. Finish the blocks for the ministry member's quilt.
5. Start deconstructing t-shirts for the next two commission quilts.
6. If time permits, quilt one last H2H quilt for Covered in Love!
7. Review the comments on Rachel's blogpost.
8. Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.
Definitely more than enough to keep me busy! Additionally, I've made a personal pledge to be better about leaving comments on blogs I visit and also to visit all the folks who link up for Whoop Whoop Friday, so that's keeping me super busy! But it feels good to be back in conversation with so many of you - I've missed it! I hope you'll join me in this effort...
So now the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?
Linking up with Let's Bee Social at Sew Fresh Quilts...