Wednesday, November 22, 2017

I May Have A Scrap Problem... Success!

Hi, all!

This being the time of year when we are made more aware of things to be thankful for, I can honestly say this year that I am grateful for scraps!  I never thought I would be able to say that, and there are times (particularly at church) when my scrap experience can become a little bit overwhelming, but I am learning to embrace the scrap!  


That being said, I'm happy to say that I took some time today and made all thirty-six Square In A Square blocks for my Gypsy Wife quilt!!


This was the first batch - I cut these out Monday night and sewed them up Tuesday morning.  It went so fast, I decided to cut out the remaining 23 (all one size) and get to work on them!


And I managed to get these done too!  I am getting so close to finishing up all the blocks for this quilt - it's tempting to just drop everything else and work on it, but I've got some other projects that have to come first....


And look!  Lots more bonus HSTs for my "future projects" jar!

I need to keep this short and sweet - lots to do this week because twenty folks are headed my way for Thanksgiving dinner.  Today is pie-making day - I have at least five to make, with a couple of those going to neighbors who helped us clean up after the storm - and the granddaughters are coming over to help us cook in the afternoon.  Should be a rollicking good time!

So have a happy Thanksgiving, and come back on Friday to do a little whoop-whooping!

Hugs!

Sarah

11 comments:

  1. pies, people, and pieces, lots of them all,I hope you get some time to relax and enjoy the day/days. Scraps, I save every bit of my batiks, and give cotton scraps to a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy Thanksgiving Sarah and thanks for all the sharing that you do I'm sure your community is thankful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving! Thank you for sharing all that you do! You keep me inspired and scrapping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Twenty people - wow! I'm freaking out about 6 people being here! Those are cute little blocks. Your Gypsy Wife quilt is going to be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those scrape making squares. 20 people!!! Oh my, God bless ya honey.... Have a happy day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. More pretty quilt blocks. Sending happy Thanksgiving wishes to you and your family also.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Making my blog rounds to say Happy Thanksgiving. It's really coming along nicely. Look forward to seeing your project progress.

    Sandy's Space

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heee - I get that way with my leader-ender or putz-around projects, too, when they're nearing the end of their piecing work. I want to pop them into my priority work time and finish them up! Happy Thanksgiving. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sure you had a wonderful holiday. I can't wait to see this quilt all together.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!