It's Monday, the holidays are rushing like a freight train, and all my plans got derailed last week! More about that later, but let's see how last week's list went...
1. For this week's house cleaning tasks, deep clean the kitchen and gather up a load of things and take them to Goodwill.
I did get most of this done - pulled a bunch of old small appliances that we never use, cleaned out the old spices, and cleaned up the fridge. I still need to wipe down the countertops and cabinets, but I think I'll wait until next week for that so it doesn't get messed up before Thanksgiving! And I took a load to the Goodwill!
2. Keep working on Lilli's annual quilt.
I am SO happy with the way this is coming along! Here's the background piecing...
...and here's a mock-up of what I'm going for! Still have to create the pattern for the dolphin....
3. Make next week's Gypsy Wife blocks.
I didn't get to this one - more about that in a minute!
4. Quilt the vintage top for my friend.
Done! I love the way this turned out...
5. Meet with a customer about a t-shirt quilt.
Done - and this is part of my change of plans!
6. Gather up fabrics for another commission quilt.
I didn't get to this one yet...
7. Do some more hand quilting on my Long Time Gone quilt.
Done! I am enjoying spending quality time with this quilt!
8. Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up this week.
Done! We gave away several this week...
This quilt went to a woman with heart and kidney issues...
...and this one went to a woman dealing with lung cancer.
This quilt is now comforting a woman dealing with complications of a hysterectomy...
...and this quilt went to a gentleman with ALS.
Finally, this quilt went to a woman with ovarian cancer.
Well, at least it wasn't as bad as I thought it might be! I didn't even have time to look at my list last week, so I wasn't sure how it would turn out. The t-shirt quilt turned out to have a due date of 11/16 (9 days after I met with the customer) and I have a special quilt that's also due that day, so my week went south pretty quickly! And that's going to be what dictates my week this week too. Here's my plan for this week...
1. Finish the t-shirt quilt and deliver.
2. Finish piecing the special quilt.
3. Quilt the special quilt.
4. Continue cleaning the house. Goal this week is to gather up all the clutter in the dining room and polish all the furniture.
5. Pull fabrics for the next commission job.
6. Try to get to the next Gypsy Wife blocks.
7. Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.
Fortunately with lots of family coming for Thanksgiving, there's lots of hands to help cook - I just need to get the house fit for company!
So now the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?