Friday, December 7, 2018

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? One Down, Two to Go...

Hi, all!

Here we are at Friday again - and if you're like me, you've GOT to be finishing things at this point of the year!  Fortunately, my grands are too young to be getting on the internet and checking out my blog, so I can share what I'm working on for them.  So - are you ready to get your whoop whoop on?  Let's get started!

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

For those of you who may be new to my blog since last year, I have a tradition of making each of my grandchildren a quilt at Christmas.  It started when I only had one grandchild, and has grown - I think it's a good thing my daughter assures me she's got her full quota of kids!  The quilts are kind of a "yearbook", made to represent something that was special in the child's life that year, and they have a special label - you'll see one at the end of this post.


This is Nathanael!  We just had family pictures made, so this is a very recent picture of him.  Isn't he a handsome young man?  He just turned seven a few weeks ago.


And this is Nathanael's annual quilt, all finished and crinkly fresh from the dryer1  Have I told you that green is his favorite color?  


This quilt is made using the scraps hoarded in my green scrap tub - and it didn't even make a dent!  The pattern is called Goodnight Irene and is made with two books - an x-block and a sixteen patch block.  Great for using up scraps!



 And take a look at that binding - a great green stripe!  I do love stripes for bindings - and was very excited to see just the right piece right there in my stash...


And when I said it was finished, I really meant it - the label is even affixed!  I always do a special label for each annual quilt that tells a little bit about what the child was like that year.  I like to think of their own kids reading them some day and getting a glimpse into what their parent was like as a child.  And how about that green back?  I think this quilt will make his heart go pitter patter!


So - - - can I get a whoop whoop?

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

And now it's your turn!

What's making you whoop it up this week?


What's got you doing a little happy dance?

Share! We want to dance right along with you,

And it's always more fun to dance with friends!

The party will stay open until Sunday midnight.

Hope to see you there!

Hugs!

Sarah

21 comments:

  1. I love this quilt, such a sweet gift, and I love the story too. I guess this awesome young boy will love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoop whoop, indeed!!! Gorgeous quilt for a handsome young man. I am sure that his shy smile will turn into a huge grin when he sees his quilt. And just maybe he will let you hug him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is getting so grown up. What a fine young man. I'm sure he will love his quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah that label is just such a neat idea - Nathanael has come a long way and sounds like he has learned to sign really well - sounds like now he is teaching grandma

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sure can-this is a handsome quilt for a handsome guy!
    I like to see quilts as evidence of a grandma's love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a special way to treasure a year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great memory you have created! Love the label.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nicely done, Nana!! Nathaniel is sure to LOVE this quilt. It turned out great, especially with the memories you attach via the label!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These quilts and their sweet messages in the label are going to be cherished. What a sweet gift for these sweet childern :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous quilt and I love the label! Do you have a tutorial for it?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great finish. Your label is awesome. Such a memory for years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Sarah! His expression speaks VOLUMES of LOVE, what a fine young man!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great green quilt! I finished some Christmas gifts I can't blog about and finished a pillow for myself, but it's after midnight and tomorrow is cookie day, so the blog post will have to wait, but I'm still shouting whoop, whoop. It's so good to be sewing again!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Precious label. The green quilt is awesome. My favorite color is green also. What a sweet tradition of making birthday quilts. You always amaze me with all of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, Sarah, the quilt is so cool and the label makes my eyes all weepy. What a wonderful thing to do for your grandkiddos each year! Someday they will enjoy reading those labels and appreciate how much you loved them!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is an awesome finish, Sarah! I know he will love it. And that label is just precious - so special!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. He's gonna love it, but not as much as YOU love HIM! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nathaniel is adorable and I love the quilt! I'm sure he will too.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!