Monday, December 24, 2018

Make-A-List Monday - Time for a Nice Warm Break!

Hi, all!

It's Monday again, but it's also Christmas Eve - so there will be lots of festivities at our house, good food, little kids being over-indulged, and then we're all planning to go see "Mary Poppins Returns" to top it all off!  Not much sewing will be happening today, or for the next two weeks - because the day after Christmas, we are headed to Hawaii to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary!  



I may or may not be posting while we are gone - I'm going to play that by ear - but I'm sure I'll be posting pictures on Instagram!  You can see them there by checking my feed - I'm @fabricaddictquilts there.

Just to keep things honest, though, let's look at last week's list real quick...


1.  Wrap those presents!
Done!  And since my husband finally wrapped his gifts, there are some for me under there now too...
2.  Assemble the quilt chests!
Done!  It only took a morning to assemble all three of these - hooray for Target!  This is a Threshold Windham Accent Chest, and they come in several sizes and colors.  I have a larger one for all my quilts.  Love them!!


3.  Spend a birthday day with Lilliana and my DH on Thursday.
Done!  We had a great time - Lilli and I did some stocking shopping for Bill, then we all went for breakfast and off to Opry Mills to wander around the mall and do a little shopping.  Lilli found some interesting stuff!



4.  Grocery shop for cookie baking and Christmas Eve brunch.
Done!

5.  Bind two quilts for the quilt ministry.
Done - although I forgot to take pictures of them!

6.  Keep working on designs for the Rockin' Rectangles quilt along.
Done!  I'm up to two finished tops and one in progress.  Planning to work on some more designs on the flight to Hawaii...


7.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.
Thankfully, a quiet week.  No quilts this week.


It was a good week - but I have to say I'm looking forward to a couple of weeks with no list!  Just till I get back from vacation, though - then it's back on the wagon again.  But I'll be ready to start the year with a vengeance!

So now the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah

14 comments:

  1. finishing up some non-gift sewing....that's it...then it's ME time! merry christmas, happy new year and have a super vaca...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 40th Anniversary!!! I'm sure you will enjoy your time away. Hawaii is a beautiful place to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary and Merry Christmas. A trip to Hawaii will be a real adventure. Enjoy!
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas! I am finishing the 2nd border for Brinton Hall quilt! I still think I can finish this quilt top by New Years Eve!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a wonderful vacation and celebration! Happy Anniversary :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Christmas and Happy Anniversary, Sarah! I love shopping at Opry Mills and was so sad when it flooded, and even sadder that the Gibson store did not rebuild (sigh!). Looks like you had a great time. I know I don't have to tell you to have fun on your trip to Hawaii! LOL We just celebrated our 41st last month. Have fun and be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy anniversary, and enjoy your time in Hawaii!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Finished up some last minute pillowcases for a Christmas gifts. Happy Anniversary! We’ll celebrate 40 years in February but no trip to Hawaii, have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the quilt in your Title banner. What is the pattern? Do you have a picture of the whole quilt?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my! How distressing. Lilli isn't a little girl anymore. She's a beautiful young lady. How did this happen? It seems like just yesterday she was a pretty little princess and I blinked my eyes and she looks so grown up. The world is changing too fast for this old lady. I'm glad you had a lovely day together.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!