Wednesday, December 19, 2018

I May Have a Scrap Problem... There's a Christmas Quilt In There!

Hi, all!

As I write this, I realize that one week from tonight at this time we'll be sitting around replete with Christmas dinner and looking at all our Christmas goodies!  We've just finished watching one Christmas movie (Die Hard, for my hubby), and are watching the second one (Skipping Christmas, for me), so Christmas is on my mind right now.  With that in mind, I think you'll sense a theme in the inspiration pics below...


How about raiding your scrap stash to make a brand new Christmas quilt?  


I think that would be so much more fun than cleaning the sewing studio the week after Christmas...


And then you'd have a new Christmas quilt all tucked away to enjoy next year!



 Most of these would be simple enough to make quickly...


Don't you just love economy blocks?


But even one that would take a little longer would be fun!


Just remember, sometimes simple is best!  Let the fabrics do all the work!

All pictures were found by searching "scrappy Christmas quilts" on Pinterest.  It's amazing what you can find out there!

Have a very merry scrappy Christmas, and may visions of scrappy quilts dance in your head!!

Hugs!

Sarah

10 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you Sarah - and your whole family! Lovely, lovely quilt choices - I need to add some of them to my list for the New Year! Thank you :)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are one elfin quilty enabler sarah...lol...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the lovely eye candy today. The Economy blocks look fun. I have been stacking Christmas fabrics with plaids, but no plan, so after the 25th - time to jump in. Yea, I have enough for 2-3 quilts. Have a wonderful Christmas with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the 'be merry' quilt and the next one-4patch with borders; I will be making another Christmas quilt but not for a few months yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's hard to believe 2018 is almost over and that Christmas is a week away. I love the Be Merry quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are wonderful Christmas quilts!! I would love nothing more than to go digging in my red and green scraps, but I'm paralyzed by indecision. Well, that and the memory of the quilt that I was supposed to have finished!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you & your family have a very Merry Christmas Sarah! Thank you for letting us follow along on your quilting journey...can't wait to see what you've got cooking in 2019 :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, wait a minute. "Die Hard" is our Christmas movie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just discovered your blog via Pinterest (and have bookmarked it. Will be following!) What brought me here was a post from 2011 on a scrap quilt you said was a variation of Jacob's Ladder. Do you remember the sizes you cut the pieces? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the eye candy, Sarah! I really like the addition of yellow to the 25 patch one.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!