Monday, December 17, 2018

Make-A-List Monday - Only One More Week!!!

Hi, all!

Oh my!  How did it get to be just one more week until Christmas? Time sure flies when you're having fun - but there's still more to do before I can take a rest!  Let's see how last week's list went...

1.  Work on a special project (that may or may not get done by Christmas).
Well, I got to the point of quilting, and had a plan to finish it in time, and then someone.got.sick. and stayed.home.from.work.  Best laid plans, and all that!  It will be an unfinished present in a box, as I can't quilt it now!

2.  Assemble three quilt cabinets (gifts for the grandkids).
Change of plans - I will be assembling these on Friday, in between a sleepover with Lilli on Wednesday and another sleepover with all three grandkids on Sunday.  

3.  Bind four more quilts for the quilt ministry.
Done!  Happy to have these back at church, and when I delivered them, there were more waiting for this week!


4.  Deliver 46 quilts for a special Christmas gift! 
(More details to come soon!)
Done!  You can read more about this story here, but we delivered what ended up being 51 quilts to our local elementary school, one for each of the teachers at the school.  We wanted to tell them thank you in a tangible way for the very  hard work they do and the love they pour into the children's lives.  They were very happy!!


5.  Wrap Christmas presents!
I didn't get to this one either - unfortunately it's not my favorite things to do and it's easy to find other things to do instead.  No choice this week, though!  Christmas is almost here!

6.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.
Done!  We gave this quilt to a girl whose mom died last week...


...and this one went to a 7-year old who has been diagnosed with bone cancer.


And finally, a happy quilt, for a new baby boy!


But I wasn't just lazing around when I was failing to do things on my list - I actually made two quilt tops for the upcoming series of simple quilts, Rockin' Rectangles!  I will be sharing tutorials for about six quilts starting in late January, to start preparing for Hands2Help 2019.  Hard to believe it's that time already, but it's coming closer day by day!

So here's what's on my plate for this week...

1.  Wrap those presents!

2.  Assemble the quilt chests!

3.  Spend a birthday day with Lilliana and my DH on Thursday.

4.  Grocery shop for cookie baking and Christmas Eve brunch.

5.  Bind two quilts for the quilt ministry.

6.  Keep working on designs for the Rockin' Rectangles quilt along.

7.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.

So that's my plan for the week - and this week it's do or have a very uninteresting Christmas!  I plan to start tomorrow with the wrapping while I think up my grocery list - then it's off to the grocery store to stock up.  

Are you excited about the holidays?  Ready yet? Or will you be scrambling at the last minute to finish up things to go under the tree?  What are YOU working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah

8 comments:

  1. Ho..Ho..Ho.!!!I have managed to get a few gifts bought, nothing wrapped , baking day is tomorrow. You have been so busy, and a gift even if not finished is still given with love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. one little sewing giftie to finish, wrap 2 things, bake a bit and then it's MY time...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wrapped all but 5 quilted pillows. I need to photograph them in the daylight, which won't happen until Friday. Tonight taking hubs shopping for a new Christmas shirt, he's not a shopper. Then I can relax, haha! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking forward to rockin' some rectangles! My holiday gifts are finished and just need to be wrapped. I did zipper bags for everyone this year. And now I never want to see another zipper again!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work! I plan on quilting the last two little quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christmas gifts are finished, wrapping the last two today. Need to find some stocking stuffers...oh and finish the kiddos new stockings-one down, two to go that are half done!! And oh yeah, shop for fabric for the quilt I'll be making for my guild's donation quilt in 2019! That will be fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I plan to make some more "Forever Gift Bags". Simple bags with ribbon to tie. Great way to use holiday fabric. Great way to wrap presents. Use again next year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have one more quilt to be finished by the end of the year and, after grocery shopping tomorrow, I'll be able to start focusing on it. Gifts have been shipped, cards have been mailed. Just a couple of gifts to wrap on Christmas Eve. No baking nor special cooking for me this year - YAY!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!