Monday, February 3, 2014

Make-A-List Monday - Busted!


Hi, all!

Is anyone else besides me considering looking up recipes for groundhog stew? 


Enough said about that!  Have you been putting your snowy days to good use? I feel like I've been busy but I don't seem to have put much of a dent in my list for last week.  Jolene started having some problems and I had to order a part that won't be in until later this week, so quilting got put on hold.  But let's see how that list went…

1.  Piece the pattern test quilt top.
Done!  I put the borders on it just this morning.  I'm pretty pleased with the way this turned out - the blocks look like they are floating on the background.



2.  Finish a man's quilt for a ministry need (complications of diabetes).
Done!  My friend Debora pieced this quilt…


3.  Put borders on the rainbow log cabin and quilt.
Done!  These blocks were so much fun to work with!

4.  Quilt at least two more quilts ahead for the quilt ministry.
Partially done - I got one quilted before Jolene decided she needed a vacation…


5.  Write one or two posts for the new blog.
I didn't get to this one, unfortunately! 

6.  Write another part of the book and post it on Wednesday.
But I did do this - if you didn't get a chance to read it, click here - it's all about charity quilt challenges.

7.  Quilt one personal quilt for myself.
Nope - not with Ms. Jolene down!

8.  Do some restoration work on the case for my Singer 99K.
I didn't get to this one either.

9.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that arise.
I've been working on this pretty steadily. Between last Wednesday evening and Thursday morning at 9 am, we received 9 requests for quilts!  So I've been pulling together tops (some of them needed borders), backs and bindings for one of the other ladies in our group with a long arm to work on.  I sent four over to her on Sunday, and I've been working on more of them today.

So - - - not a complete bust, but still not completely finished.   Not being able to quilt really put a twist on my week!  But I did get those quilts ready to go on the frame, and I'm working on more.  Sunday afternoon we met up at church to sew while our men were having a Super Bowl pre-game party, and did some straightening up in the quilt room.  Boy did it need it!  It looks a lot better now...

So here's what's on my radar for this week…

1.  Straight line quilt a bright top for an 11-year old girl.

2. Put together borders, back and bindings for four more tops.

3.  Write at least one blog post for the new blog.

4.  Write another section of the book and post on Wednesday.

5.  Write up a quilt tutorial for a friend.

6.  Do some restoration work on the case of my Singer 99.

7.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that arise.

I think that's enough for this week - maybe I'll be able to get all this done!  Maybe not, though - we've got our Sewing Sisters meeting this coming Saturday morning so there may not be enough time!  But at least I won't be bored….

And now the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah

14 comments:

  1. I think you got a lot done under the circumstances. We are to have another snowstorm coming in Tuesday night into Thurs morning - should be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea to make a list on Monday. Mine is made? Thank you for the idea. This is a good habit to start.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about Jolene. That really did put a crimp in your plans.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry about Jolene. Hopefully she will be better soon and you can carry on your great work. Love the weekly quilt show xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hopefully Jolene will be "well" soon!

    What am I working on this week? Same old same old ... my Storm at Sea ... hopefully I won't get sidetracked by my Texas Star quilt like I did over the weekend. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that pattern test quilt top! They do indeed look like they're floating. I need to get the Hemispheres quilt bound and start the quilting on, but before I do that, I have to move the Tea Towel Challenge quilt off to the design wall (more of a big posterboard than a wall). But before I do that, I had to clean it off because it's become a glorified bulletin board. Then I had to wash the yucky flannel sheet. One thing leads to another!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Er...I meant basted, not bound...not enough coffee yet today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! You get a lot done! Even with machine problems.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like the pattern test quilt and quilt number 4. Is number 4 your own pattern? It is definitely my style.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like the pattern test quilt and quilt number 4. Is number 4 your own pattern? It is definitely my style.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry. After I left my comment, I read your previous post which answered my question.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry. After I left my comment, I read your previous post which answered my question.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Jolene. It isn't nice to not be working. So sorry about that. I hope to get a little sewing done this week. With the kidlets home from school today, I don't know if that will happen or not.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The local news here said that if that darn ground hog was here, they'd run him out of town. I agree, since I just came in from shoveling another 6" of snow.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!